Brief Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brief Introduction

I recognize many of the folks here so I'll keep this brief. My name is Kevin Daly, I hale from Connecticut, USA. I'm primarily into fretwork, in particular portrait type cuttings. I've been woodworking for over 20 years but have only recently begun scrolling (about a year and half ago). I also design my own patterns as I have a difficult time finding patterns with enough detail for my tastes.
    I look forward to sharing and learning with the group.

Kevin
    Kevin
    Scrollsaw Patterns Online
    Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Welcome Jedi

The force guide you well Welcome aboard
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

So Kevin, are you a Padwon, Jedi, or master scroller? And does the Force help you stay on the line better? If so, I'd love to be your padawon!

Either way, Welcome!

Bob Duncan
      Scroll Saw Workshop
      www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. The jedi thing is kind of a running joke with a friend of mine regarding the use of spiral blades (the "dark side"). As I pretty much only use flat blades, I'm a jedi.
        I'm a long way from a master though.

Kevin
        Kevin

Comment

Welcome to the forum Kevin..hope you post some of the pics of your work so others can see what you make...smiling here..I have had the pleasure of seeing your projects and the detail that you enjoy..you're an awesome scroller...the jedi part..well, that's a prosess in and of itself, isn't it?
          Sue

Sue Chrestensen

Comment

Fancy meeting you here Sue . I took your suggestion and created an album.

Kevin

Originally posted by Sue
            hope you post some of the pics of your work so others can see what you make...
            Sue
            Kevin

Comment

Kevin

I see you are a portrait person. Very nice work indeed. How long have you been scrolling? Do you sell your work or are these for family and friends? Do you make your own frames? Again nicely done and a big welcome to the site.
              John T.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome John. I know your work and the kind words from you regarding my scolling are most appreciated. I've been scrolling about a year and a half now, started cutting portraits about 10 months ago and got sort of hooked. I also do a lot of mini-clocks, and some shelves. I'm currently trying to decide on one of the more elaborate clocks to cut as I think I'm ready for one. I do craft fairs and do sell quite a bit of my stuff, the little clocks do quite well as do my puzzles. My higher end portraits ($75 and up) have been doing pretty good also but the less expensive items haven't been selling very well for some reason. I make most of my own frames, the 8X10's I pretty much split between buying and making (the cost is pretty much a wash) while anything larger I make myself.

Kevin
                Kevin

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• dottyblues
                  Reply to Pattern Vault
                  by dottyblues
                  Thank you everyone especially KarlB for finding the pattern.
                  Today, 12:20 AM
                • Linda In Phoenix
                  I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                  by Linda In Phoenix
                  So after much debating, I bought a Sawstop table saw--the 36" contractor version, and now have a roll-your-eyes story too.
                  I got a few discounts from my favorite hardwood store for buying from them. Yay!
                  In a small shop I couldn't live without the mobile base.
                  I also added the...
                  Yesterday, 10:49 PM
                • will8989
                  Supermax
                  by will8989
                  Bruce and the tech from Laguna finally caught up with each other after almost 2 weeks of phone tag. Bruce ran the sander for the tech and after checking a few things, it was determined it’s the bushing, probably. They are going to send a bushing for Bruce to replace it. If he has a problem replacing...
                  Yesterday, 10:31 PM
                • will8989
                  Reply to Help help
                  by will8989
                  Bruce lets it soak in on the cardholders, takes 24 hrs. I let everything drip for a few minutes then wipe excess off. 50/50 takes longer to dry than 40/60. I usually move everything upstairs and turn the ceiling fan on to to help it soak in. This finish takes 3-4 days to dry enough to take to shows....
                  Yesterday, 10:11 PM
                • KarlB
                  Reply to Pattern Vault
                  by KarlB
                  Here are the ones I made 9 years ago:

Karl...
                  Yesterday, 10:05 PM
                Working...
                X