NEW & NO EXPERIENCE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW & NO EXPERIENCE

I have no experience carving, mostly scrolling and turning, and would like to get a taste of wood carving, mainly spoons!..I seen a demo and I liked the idea and here I am today...I live in Northeastern Ohio, and work as an electronic field tech ....so my spare time is limited, but I have watch this forum and the scroller forum for several days, and both seem like good informative sites and l look forward to discussions on here...thank you for your time Dennis Taylor

Dennis

You have come to the right place for your scrolling fix but for carving go to the other site. Welcome to the scrolling site though post some pictures and let us see what you do.
    John T.

Comment

sorry for the wrong forum reply

I most of gotten mixed up in the pages, am new to carving, but enjoy scrolling...I have been scrolling for about 5 yrs now, on a Dewalt 799 scrollsaw...I haven't scrolled much recently due to being hit by the turning bug, but am in the process of making some scrolled frames for my 2 neices, with a cheerleading theme, they are both 4 yrs old, and just beginning...I have watched this site before, and in the recent issue made it take another look, and it seems like a good site with lots of scrolling info..hope to post of work pics soon...Dennis Taylor

Comment

That is a Dewalt 788
        John T.

Comment

John T. maybe those 799's are better. Mick.
          Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

No matter which saw you have --- welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis Taylor
              I most of gotten mixed up in the pages, am new to carving, but enjoy scrolling...I have been scrolling for about 5 yrs now, on a Dewalt 799 scrollsaw...I haven't scrolled much recently due to being hit by the turning bug, but am in the process of making some scrolled frames for my 2 neices, with a cheerleading theme, they are both 4 yrs old, and just beginning...I have watched this site before, and in the recent issue made it take another look, and it seems like a good site with lots of scrolling info..hope to post of work pics soon...Dennis Taylor
              Dennis Taylor:
              My granddaughters are into cheerleading I would like me to scroll saw something for them. Do you have any scroll saw patterns for cheerleading? If you do would you mind sharing them?
              Last edited by livy; 12-25-2005, 02:51 PM.
              Livy

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                by Linda In Phoenix
                What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
                The bags seem easier on the surface.
                But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
                Today, 03:24 PM
              • will8989
                Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                by will8989
                Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
                Today, 10:32 AM
              • Sandy Oaks
                by Sandy Oaks
                As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
                Today, 09:46 AM
              • NC Scroller
                Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                by NC Scroller
                I would make the shed 1" less than the size permits are required for. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH SPACE....
                Today, 07:42 AM
              • NC Scroller
                by NC Scroller
                I shrink wrap all my puzzles. It is the best method I have found. I do not use a cardboard backer as some do. I use shrink wrap bags that I get from Amazon or Ebay. 8" x 12" will fit 95% of the puzzles I make.

To use the bags you will need a sealer. I have one very similar...
                Today, 07:39 AM
              Working...
              X