Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nearly new member

Hi again,
    this is Gordon the one who is coming to the states on holiday. Just telling you a little about myselfI have been wodworking for many years as a hobby and a way of making items for the home. My biggesr project was all the units for a fitted kitchen. My smallest, probably turned earrings. I enjoy turning and recently sscrolling now that I can get good patterns from ssws. My work was designing kilns and similar equipment 0 glad i'm out of it having retired4 years ago. I am in my garage/workshop 20/30 hours /week and most that i make gets sold in aid of Bible Society. How do others get rid of their produce?
    Good to join you all thanks for your comments so far.Would appreciate where I can see on of the tool sheds/supermarkets near to San Fran or Phoenix
    Thanks
    Gordon

Welcome Gordon

Thanks for sharing a little about yourself and your enjoyment of scrolling.
    I hope you have a good / safe trip to San Fran.

Comment

Hi Gordon

Which part of the UK do you hail from? I'm just being idly curious - you won't end up with a stray waif on your doorstep .

Anyway, welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy your time in America.

Gill
      There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
      (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

nearly new member

Hi Gill,
        We live in South Cheshire, the nearest city is Stoke-on-Trent (THe potteries) the nex town is Crewe. North staffordshire is very close, and has much beautiful countryside. Cheshire is very flat but very green.
        Gordon

Comment

Hi Gordon

It's not a part of the world I'm terribly familiar with, although we drive up the M6 annually to a music festival in Lancashire so we must pass through your territory. Cheshire does look quite nice, from the little that I've seen of it.

If time permits, we break the journey just outside Fylingdales where there's a lovely old coaching inn which serves glorious cheese and pickle baguettes and Samuel Taylor Old Brewery Bitter. Needless to say, I always end up driving the second leg of the journey!

Gill
          There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
          (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X