Question about Craftsman S-Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Craftsman S-Saw

Hi Everyone,New here and have a Craftsman 16" S-Saw that I've had for a couple of years. It has developed a problem not sure how to fix.It's model # 137-216100 and in the middle of cutting out something the motor will cut out (stops completely). I'll give it a good rap on the top and it starts working again.
    Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,
    Scrolldog
    Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.Cliff

Not familiar with the saw but from your descriptions one of two things could be happening. You either have a loose connection and the vibration is causing it to break or you have a dead spot on the motor and the motor needs to be replaced and in that case it maybe time for a new saw. I would look for a loose conection at the motor or switch first. Follow where the cord goes in on the saw. One other thing you can check if you are using a foot pedal try it without the pedal and see if it still does it. If so then it could be the motor or switch connections
    John T.

Comment

Thanks for the input.Could it be the brushes? they are removable.I will check the power cord.

Comment

If it has brushes it could be that. The spring that holds them in maybe loose.or they aree worn.
        John T.

Comment

ScrollDog:

1st things first- Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your visits. Don't be afraid of asking questions, or giving answers. This place works best when there is something to talk / write / post about.

Now on to your saw -- I vote for brushes also. However, be warned, no body knows at this specific time (late May 2005) how the Sears / Kmart merger is going to effect support for older power tools. By all means, get new brushes and springs (cheap and easy repair through sears.com). But if something else goes wrong??

Phil

Comment

Phil,

Thanks for the welcome.
            Had forgotten about the merger.If the brushes don't work I'll see what a new motor would cost(on advise from JT) ,Probably more than the whole saw knowing replacement parts on other things!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X