X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everybody;
    My name is Ray.
    I started woodworking about 6 years ago around the time my Granddaughter
    turned 2 years old. I wanted to make her some doll furniture, a rocking horse, a rocking chair and anything else I could think of. Well I started then and I am still making things, but now I really like doing projects on my scrollsaw. I have a Delta 2000 and am very happy with it. I have tried a variety of different projects and love a good challenge. If someone says that a project might be too hard that just makes me more determined too try it.
    This forum looks very friendly and I think I will learn a lot from everyone that here. This is my first time joining something like this so I will close now but I will keep in touch.

Welcome Ray.

This is a very friendly forum! Glad you joined.

T
    Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi Ray:

Welcome and glad to have you join us.

Phil

Comment

Hi Ray

Nice to meet you

Gill
        There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
        (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Welcome Ray!

Glad to see you found our little corner of the Web!

Bob Duncan
          Scroll Saw Workshop
          www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Ray, welcome aboard. I have a question for you. What is a Delta 2000, is this an older model? Just curious. Mick.
            Mick, - Delta P-20

A smile is a small curve that straightens everything out.

Comment

Welcome, Ray!
              It sounds like you have a variety of projects behind you, so you will have lots of good input for those of us who don't. I'm glad you found this great site!
              Sandy

Comment

Hi Mick;
                The saw that I am using I got two years ago. It has a label that says Delta Series 2000 on the side and it is v.s. with a 16" throat. I find it a very good machine for what I can do. It is not the most inexpensive saw out there but it was the best one I could afford.
                Thanks to everyone for the welcome and I will be back soon.
                Ray

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                  Reply to Farmers market
                  by will8989
                  I just used different wood scraps I had to make the kayaks. I still do t see anymore in my future.
                  Today, 01:09 AM
                • Jim McDonald
                  Reply to Delta Q3 fuse question
                  by Jim McDonald
                  Twenty years in electronics retail and here is a quick dirty way to tell the difference:
                  a fast blow will only have the wire element. Slow blow almost always has some extra structure that will be left behind after the fuse blows.
                  Secondly, there is a series of three letter engraved on one...
                  Yesterday, 08:54 PM
                • Ennobee
                  Reply to Looking For Mom and Baby Animal Pattern
                  by Ennobee
                  They look like David Spielmann's Designs to me. I will check my library this evening, but I bet you already that they are from one of his pattern books.
                  Yesterday, 01:55 PM
                • jim_mex
                  Reply to My first decent furniture project - Welding and woodwork combined
                  by jim_mex
                  Thanks all - you folks do wonders for my ego with your comments and importantly fire me up to keep trying new things

Scott - once this Covid situation has passed I'll definitely be heading up to NC. I'm tentatively thinking late spring/early summer next year. I am not sure just what pointers...
                  Yesterday, 01:35 PM
                • JustLarry
                  Reply to Delta Q3 fuse question
                  by JustLarry
                  I found this information on fuses in general.

Blowing type. Fast-blow fuses will blow as soon as the current reaches the fuse's amperage rating, while slow-blow fuses are designed to tolerate a large number of startup surges and modest short-term overloads without blowing.
                  Fast-blow...
                  Yesterday, 12:56 PM
                Working...
                X