Greetings from Vermont! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Vermont! :)

Hello all. I generally hang around the carving message board but lately I've been cleaning out the basement room set aside for my workshop. I almost have enough room for using my scrollsaw! I hopped over here today because it's pouring out and I don't feel like getting soaked taking a walk for lunch.

I've had my craftsman scrollsaw for about a year and have made a couple simple things for my kids. To date I've used it primarily to make small carving blanks. I'd like to use it more and will probably do so now that I'm getting a little more elbow room.

Some of the stuff you folks do is incredible! Thanks for sharing your pictures and experience!

mikeg
    http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeeeill/

Welcome Mike,

I think you will find this forum to be among the best when it comes to folks who really care about the next guy or gal. I am fairly new here myself and have learned a great deal from the more experienced.

Where is Milton at anyway? I am transplant to Alaska via Plattsburgh, NY (right across the lake from Burlington) and I thought I knew most of the North Country town names but your's slips me.

Enjoy this forum and please feel free to share here, myself I always need new ideas to try out.
    Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. Milton is about 20 minutes north of Burlington. My wife works in South Burlington and I work in St. Albans which is 20 minutes north of Milton so it works well for us.

mikeg
      http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeeeill/

Comment

Hi Mike

I've just visited your website and seen the stuff you've carved. They're very good. We're in for some high quality humorous products if you bring the same approach to your scrollsawing ! Nice to have you with us.

Gill
        There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
        (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Nice to see you over here too Mike!!!!!

Bob
          www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

welcome

Welcome Mike, looked at your web site, nice carvings. thats some thing i would like to try someday.
            Keith
            Keep on scrolling

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Jim Finn
              Reply to Farmers market "survey"
              by Jim Finn
              The fees here in Lubbock Texas are $45 per year plus $15 per 10' x 10' space each Saturday that I show up. . Crafters are limited to number and type (to avoid duplication, competition) Any kind of set up allowed, meaning, tent or truck or trailer. No insurance requirements, just a sellers permit from...
              Today, 04:48 PM
            • MidMich324
              Reply to Plastic puzzle
              by MidMich324
              Using Corel Draw a 10 inch round acrylic jigsaw puzzle was created. It was the cut on an Epilog Laser. Two passes were used to cut thru 1/4 acrylic so as not to melt the plastic. Only one person has put it together so far. It is about 475 pieces. But would really like to try and cut one by...
              Today, 03:57 PM
            • RJweb
              Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
              by RJweb
              As far as the Incra miter gauge, if you keep it 1/4 inch away you will be fine, but you will have to adjust it when doing angle cuts, it’s a great miter gauge, RJ...
              Today, 03:42 PM
            • Linda In Phoenix
              Farmers market "survey"
              by Linda In Phoenix
              Curiosity regarding farmers markets.
              I have only looked into a few, and I know that each one has different requirements.
              For those of you who do them, what are 'typical' requirements for yours?

The nearest one to me that might have potential, and allows crafters requires:...
              Today, 11:14 AM
            • Linda In Phoenix
              Reply to Farmers market
              by Linda In Phoenix
              Truly a nice display. I'm happy for you! Our nearest 2 farmers markets are still food items only as county and city covid rules are still being applied. Our best nearby one is on county parks department property and they haven't lifted essential business and crowd restrictions yet. But the food...
              Today, 11:00 AM
            Working...
            X