Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back2Jake
    replied
    I'm really glad to see some new members posting here. Forums such as this are only useful when we have participation.

Leave a comment:

• Forester21
    replied
    Welcome everyone! It's nice to hear about everyone's experiences.
    Theresa

Leave a comment:

• Back2Jake
    replied
    I guess Randy proves it's not the saw but the user's skill right Nancy? LOL

Leave a comment:

• Nancy_G
    Guest replied
    Hi everybody --
    I am not a "real" scroller. I bought a saw to cut out plain pine things to paint and then turned to wood carving and now mostly use my band saw. I use my scroll saw (like the band saw) to cut out things to carve.
    Randy - I am ASTONISHED that you achieve the things you do with a "less than perfect" saw. Good grief.
    I had a little Hawk that I loved and when it started having some trouble I decided to use that excuse to buy something with a longer arm ..... so I bought a 30" Excalibur. Gee whiz - I hate that thing. The 30" are great but I don't like anything else about it. I don't claim to know much about scrolling so all of the problems could be mine - not the saw's. But changing the blades is a real pain and it's too slow even with the speed set at the highest. It doesn't get a lot of use and already the "dial" that holds the lower blade clamp has broken.
    The manual says it has to be oiled every day -- what a pain.
    My little RBI sets in a corner and giggles.
    When you decide to get a new saw - check out Hegner.... or drop by here and I'll give you a real good price on an an Excalibur

Leave a comment:

• Back2Jake
    replied
    Glad you could join us here Sue!

Leave a comment:

• Sue Chrestensen
    replied
    Hello

Hello, my name is Sue and I'm addicted to my scroll saw! Although I purchased my first scroll saw in 1994 I failed to really use it to it's full capacity, then I neglected it completely for years, much to my shame. A year ago I was given the gift of a racoon intarsia project, and was inspired to dust off the Dremel and give it a try. My addiction came swiftly, my skills much slower, much to my dismay...but, like a true scroll saw addict, I pushed on, (learning not to push and slow down took awhile) and am now much better. The support and teachings of many have helped me get better, I have made amends to the designers of the many patterns that I screwed up, and I look forward to continued progress as I journey into more complex uses of my new Excaliber which I promised not to neglect or leave it unused for any length of time. I do believe that I will never stop being addicted to this fine art, as I look at what others have made I know that my quest and adventure will continue for many many years.
    Have a great day!! Thanks for the support, I continue to need all the help I can get! lol
    Hugs:
    Sue

Leave a comment:

• Back2Jake
    replied
    Thanks Randy! Nice to hear about where others on here are from and what they like to do in terms of projects and such.

Leave a comment:

• imascrollman
    replied
    Hello

Hello,
    Im Randy Anderson,
    I have been scrollsawing for about 5 years now. I have been into woodworking for about 12 years. I started thinking of buying a scroll saw when I was in Germany. I was inspired by the intricate things the germans do using a scrollsaw and carving called "Ette Latsching", Its similar to fretwork, but goes beyond, using tiny curles of wood to create amazing sceenrys. When I returned to the states in 1999 I bought a cheap scroll saw and started practicing. Learned quickly a cheap scroll saw will not last (Ryobi). I am now using a RIDGID. Its has been working great, Id like to upgrade to a Hawk, or an Excalaber someday, but might have to settle for a DEWALT. They get very pricy. I will probably someday hand down the RIDGID to my 11 year old (Daniel) who also loves to use the scrollsaw.
    I like to do Fretwork, and Intarsia. I expierment with Compound Cutting and have created some amazing things, but it takes a long time, and snap lots of blades.
    I created a website about 2 years ago, and now my buisness/hobby is boombing. I can hardly keep up. It seems I do more things for other people, than I do for my self. Oh well, busy=$$. And $$ pays the bills.
    Thats enough about me.
    Take care,
    Happy scrolling...
    Randy Anderson

Leave a comment:

• Back2Jake
    started a topic Welcome New Members

Welcome New Members

I would like to welcome all new members to the forum and encourage you to say hello. Take a moment and introduce yourself and let us know what you enjoy about scrollsawing and the projects you are working on!

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X