Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to scroll sawing

Hello everyone,
    I am new to scroll sawing, been doing it for about a month now. I love fret work, it gives me the detail like cross stitching does. I posted my second piece in the galleries titled "Indian Warrior". Let me know what you think. My wife and I both love wood working. I also do photography and she makes quilts and sews for the grandkids. I am looking for instructions on doing some scroll saw portraits (how to create my own patterns). Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

glad to be here

Hi all,

My name is Linda. I got my scroll saw a delta 20' in 1993. I bought it because I wood carve. I then went to work outside the home at a local theme park where I learned even better how to use the saw. I never expected to love using the scroll saw, but I did. Now I seem to be getting back into wood carving and scrollsawing and loving it. I am glad to have found this site and see that there are many others that share my love of wood.

Linda

Comment

Welcome Linda.

I'm a beginning scroller too--but have some experience carving! The people on this board have been very helpful (and understanding) of my transition between carving and scrolling!

Bob Duncan
        Scroll Saw Workshop
        www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Hello All

Hello to all from St. Augustine, FL, Home of the Nations oldest city (just south of Jacksonville, FL).
          I am a firefighter/paramedic. I started using the scrollsaw (when I was told by my doctor I needed a hobby) for intarsia and have created several pieces, most of my own design. I'm still trying to develop my techniques and skills. Well I guess that's all for now.

Gus

Comment

Welcome Gus

Hi Gus....Welcome aboard. I know just where you are. Been there several times. I lived in Mayport two different times as I was stationed aboard USS Saratoga for two tours. I really like that area and used to fish a lot at Guana Lake just up A1-A from you. Really nice folks on this site. Lots of help anytime you need it!!! Post some pics. of your work in the gallery, I'm sure we would all like to see them.
            If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Comment

Howdy Gus,

I was also asked to find a hobby...but that advice came from my wife. Of course now she thinks I have some sort of affair going on with my scroll saw.
              Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

New to the message board

My name is Dave Nichols. I live near Allentown, Pa. I have been Scrollsawing for about 9 years and doing woodworking for about 45 years. I have some pictures of my shop at the following link if anyones interested in looking at them. http://public.fotki.com/daven/woodwo...dworking_shop/ I enjoy building furniture, woodturning, toy making and of course scrollsawing.
                I do fretwork, intarsia and love doing the 3D pictures that Scroller sells plans for.

Comment

Howdy Dave, nice shop you have there, I wish I had a few more windows like you do to get some natural lighting in.

Welcome aboard.
                  Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Welcome all

Welcome to all new members. this site will teach you alot. Most of the time you may find the answer to a Question befor you ask. Our family has grone alot since I have joined.
                    Keith
                    Keep on scrolling

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
                      Reply to Frustrated
                      by Rolf
                      What model Craftsman! Without that information we can't look up the saw and what type of clamp it has.
                      Today, 07:20 AM
                    • NC Scroller
                      Reply to Frustrated
                      by NC Scroller
                      I am guessing that your clamps have probably spread due to usage. I am not aware of any aftermarket clamps that fit your saw. Did you look at ereplacementparts.com to see if they sell clamps for your model? Sorry I could not be of more help.
                      Yesterday, 11:24 AM
                    • Daddy's scroller
                      Reply to Frustrated
                      by Daddy's scroller
                      I have a craftsman saw. The blade just slips out.
                      05-22-2022, 07:00 PM
                    • Daddy's scroller
                      Reply to Frustrated
                      by Daddy's scroller
                      No. I haven't tried that yet...
                      05-22-2022, 06:55 PM
                    • Chance13
                      Reply to Frustrated
                      by Chance13
                      I put those on my 20" Dewalt a couple years ago. Big improvement from the one Dewalt had....
                      05-22-2022, 11:08 AM
                    Working...
                    X