Welcome New Members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Don!

There are a lot of really talented scrollers here with loads of information! I know I'd be lost without this as a resource! Glad to have you on board!!!

Bob Duncan
    Scroll Saw Workshop
    www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

About me.....

I have been scrolling for about two years now. It all started with a little Delta scroll saw my wife purchased at a local hardware store for my birthday. Since that day I now have a Hawk 226 scroll saw, 2 drill presses, half a dozen sanders, a joiner, a planer, table saw, and am currently working on a bandsaw that can cut material 12 or so inches thick.
      My wife thinks its an obsession. I think I must agree.
      I started out making small projects from various publications but soon lost interest in that and began making custom portraits.

Comment

Eclectic

What a wonderful collection of talent and history we have here.
        I think the forum is a great place to exchange ideas and advice.
        If there is one more thing I would like to see it would be a scrollsaw picnic with every one on the forum in one place at the same time. I know that isnt goignt to happen but what a picnic it would be!!!
        CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
        "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
        Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

picnic

I have to say the idea of a picnic sounds pretty good right now.......
          We have quite a bit of snow............

I'll bring the hot dogs

Comment

Hello everyone. I am Prismax I have been scrolling for 4 months. I use a Dremel 1800 Scrollstation. I'd like to invite you all to join the msn group Free scroll saw patterns Here
            Prismax
            FreeScrollSawPatterns
            [email protected]

Comment

Welcome

Welcome Bob! I'm sure you'll enjoy this site. I can't go a day without peaking in on it!

Comment

Welcome Prismax!

I'm a recent newbie here as well and I will openly say that this forum has been of great hlp to me...not to mention it just has some dag' gone good folks. I am also using the Dremel 1800 which I feel is a great tool for starting up.
                Todd

Hawk G4, Dremel 1800

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Originally posted by Prismax
                  Hello everyone. I am Prismax I have been scrolling for 4 months. I use a Dremel 1800 Scrollstation. I'd like to invite you all to join the msn group Free scroll saw patterns Here
                  Prismax

Welcome Pismax

Hope you don't spread yourself too thin with attending this forum and others, keep in mind quality not quantity. You don't want to spend TOO much time leaping from forum to forum or you will be away from your saw and we won't get to see some of your work, or hear about your scrolling experiences in your posts.

Comment

Hi Prismax,

Hope you enjoy this place. I appreciate the offer, but once your at the best scroll saw sight, no other will ever do.

Comment

Hello,
                      I joined the group last week, but thought I should stop in and say hi. Ive been scrolling off and on for several years now. I started out with a used 2 speed 16" delta but have since bought a dewalt 788. I belong to one other forum and will have to say between the two there is a ton of inspiration and knowledge.
                      TIMBERTODD

Comment

Wecome, TIMBERTODD!

Comment

Hello everyone!
                          My name is Rob, and I'm from beautiful (icy) Niagara Falls On. I purchased my first Scroll saw last week (Delta SS250) on the recommendation of a carpenter friend of mine. I've been building Bird Houses and Feeders for a couple of years for gifts and donations to fund raisers. My buddie told me it was time to "Graduate" into something a little more "Artistic". So today I not only joined this Forum to learn from the best, but I also ordered the Scroll Saw Workbook by John Neilson to help me along my way. I look forward to obtaining as much information from everyone, and also sharing anything I can add!
                          Happy Scrolling to ALL
                          Cytop49

Comment

welcome Cytop49

Originally posted by cytop49
                            Hello everyone!
                            My name is Rob, and I'm from beautiful (icy) Niagara Falls On. I purchased my first Scroll saw last week (Delta SS250) on the recommendation of a carpenter friend of mine. I've been building Bird Houses and Feeders for a couple of years for gifts and donations to fund raisers. My buddie told me it was time to "Graduate" into something a little more "Artistic". So today I not only joined this Forum to learn from the best, but I also ordered the Scroll Saw Workbook by John Neilson to help me along my way. I look forward to obtaining as much information from everyone, and also sharing anything I can add!
                            Happy Scrolling to ALL
                            Welcome aboard Cytop49. Good choice on the saw!, thats my opinion , I am sure many will offer different advice. It is a great beginners saw. I still use mine all the time after 8 years and a couple of rebuilds I don't think there is a project I would not try to make with that saw, as long as I had the wood!
                            This is a great forum, don't hesitate to call on anyone here if you have a problem or need advice. Sometimes you may need to take the advice with a grain of salt But you cant go wrong with a hobby like scrolling.
                            CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
                            "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
                            Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

For cytops

Welcome aboard!!! Great bunch of folks here.....you're gonna love it!!
                              If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Comment

Howdy Folks!

Just wanted to introduce myself as I am a complete newbie to the site and hobby. My name is Ron Wilson and I live in Olive Branch, MS. I am 31 and work as a technology consultant in software sales. My job causes me more stress than I care to discuss and I needed some nice hobby that will chill me out! I am into RC cars and a friend I met through the net kinda got me interested in pursuing scrolling. He said FUN, he said RELAXING, in other words he said the right stuff and I promptly went to Home Depot and bought a brand new Dremel Scroll Station. Well, after I accused him of lying through his teeth I realized that perhaps I just did not buy a very good saw. I took it back and started researching decent tools. I ended up buying an older RBI 220-3 from a classified ad on the net. Well, I have since apologized to my buddy and got a well deserved chewing out but we're both happier now! At any rate, I have just finished my first piece, a pretty little dove ornament out of walnut, and am very pleased with it, the saw, the hobby, everything! I still have some issues, one day at this - should I be suprised, and I am sure I will be pestering ya'll for information in the weeks to come. I am looking forward to the hobby and visiting this board in the future.

Scroll on!

Ron

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
                                  Reply to Frustrated
                                  by Rolf
                                  What model Craftsman! Without that information we can't look up the saw and what type of clamp it has.
                                  Today, 07:20 AM
                                • NC Scroller
                                  Reply to Frustrated
                                  by NC Scroller
                                  I am guessing that your clamps have probably spread due to usage. I am not aware of any aftermarket clamps that fit your saw. Did you look at ereplacementparts.com to see if they sell clamps for your model? Sorry I could not be of more help.
                                  Yesterday, 11:24 AM
                                • Daddy's scroller
                                  Reply to Frustrated
                                  by Daddy's scroller
                                  I have a craftsman saw. The blade just slips out.
                                  05-22-2022, 07:00 PM
                                • Daddy's scroller
                                  Reply to Frustrated
                                  by Daddy's scroller
                                  No. I haven't tried that yet...
                                  05-22-2022, 06:55 PM
                                • Chance13
                                  Reply to Frustrated
                                  by Chance13
                                  I put those on my 20" Dewalt a couple years ago. Big improvement from the one Dewalt had....
                                  05-22-2022, 11:08 AM
                                Working...
                                X