X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grizz
    Guest replied
    Hi Prismax,

Hope you enjoy this place. I appreciate the offer, but once your at the best scroll saw sight, no other will ever do.

Leave a comment:

• Back2Jake
    replied
    Originally posted by Prismax
    Hello everyone. I am Prismax I have been scrolling for 4 months. I use a Dremel 1800 Scrollstation. I'd like to invite you all to join the msn group Free scroll saw patterns Here
    Prismax

Welcome Pismax

Hope you don't spread yourself too thin with attending this forum and others, keep in mind quality not quantity. You don't want to spend TOO much time leaping from forum to forum or you will be away from your saw and we won't get to see some of your work, or hear about your scrolling experiences in your posts.

Leave a comment:

• Rivari
    replied
    Welcome Prismax!

I'm a recent newbie here as well and I will openly say that this forum has been of great hlp to me...not to mention it just has some dag' gone good folks. I am also using the Dremel 1800 which I feel is a great tool for starting up.

Leave a comment:

• Grizz
    Guest replied
    Welcome

Welcome Bob! I'm sure you'll enjoy this site. I can't go a day without peaking in on it!

Leave a comment:

• Prismax
    replied
    Hello everyone. I am Prismax I have been scrolling for 4 months. I use a Dremel 1800 Scrollstation. I'd like to invite you all to join the msn group Free scroll saw patterns Here
    Prismax

Leave a comment:

• jadings
    replied
    picnic

I have to say the idea of a picnic sounds pretty good right now.......
    We have quite a bit of snow............

I'll bring the hot dogs

Leave a comment:

• CanadianScroller
    replied
    Eclectic

What a wonderful collection of talent and history we have here.
    I think the forum is a great place to exchange ideas and advice.
    If there is one more thing I would like to see it would be a scrollsaw picnic with every one on the forum in one place at the same time. I know that isnt goignt to happen but what a picnic it would be!!!

Leave a comment:

• jadings
    replied
    About me.....

I have been scrolling for about two years now. It all started with a little Delta scroll saw my wife purchased at a local hardware store for my birthday. Since that day I now have a Hawk 226 scroll saw, 2 drill presses, half a dozen sanders, a joiner, a planer, table saw, and am currently working on a bandsaw that can cut material 12 or so inches thick.
    My wife thinks its an obsession. I think I must agree.
    I started out making small projects from various publications but soon lost interest in that and began making custom portraits.

Leave a comment:

• BobD
    replied
    Welcome Don!

There are a lot of really talented scrollers here with loads of information! I know I'd be lost without this as a resource! Glad to have you on board!!!

Bob Duncan
    Scroll Saw Workshop

Leave a comment:

• don snethen
    replied
    Hello,

I am Don Snethen from Eugene, OR. I have been scrolling for a few years though only occasionally and when a project included something that needed scroll work. Pernaps a year or so ago I began to get more serious about it and now just saw for the enjoyment and rewards from it. I have been cutting some of the patterns from CWW&C and SSW and am enjoying gaining good experience from that. The most recent project was SKWoodworks' Bass Pros. I also have several patterns from Toys in the Attic that I plan to cut soon. I am using a DeWalt 788 saw and am moderately pleased with it. I recently began to learn to do marquetry (wth the hand fret saw) and would like to try cutting it on a power saw but suspect that a saw such as the Eclipse would be the only one with the true vertical blade motion that would work efficintly. Plus a very slow speed. I resaw my own thin wood now and only buy BB plywood when the need to use it arises. I have lurked for a short while on this forum and decided to sign on today. Hopefully, I can learn much from the more experienced sawyers that participate here. I would like to tackle one of those tall tower fretwork clocks some day. So expect some questions from me from time to time.

Leave a comment:

• bob b
    replied
    Hi All

My name is Bob Baker out of Pennsylvania,I have been scrolling for about two years and try to get out in my shop everyday.I enjoy doing wildlife projects and the woodimal puzzels by Jim Sweet. I like coming on this sight and learning from all of you ,which has helped alot. Acouple of weeks ago I posted asking about what you all thought about different saws,which I was looking to upgrade mine to something better,well I have gotten my new saw which is the dewalt788 and like someone said to me was it was like going to heaven owning the new saw.
    So hope to talk to you all in the future --------Bob

Leave a comment:

• Old Mooner
    replied
    Yes, the new member is "old." In fact, I officially became "senior" on my last birthday (65). I can now get some of that social security before it runs out. As to my nickname (someone else didn't want to dare ask), it was my "callsign" when I was driving fighter planes in 'Nam and originally comes from an old comic strip called "Gasoline Alley." I am "Moon" Mullins. It has nothing to do with what most people think.

Leave a comment:

• 3_M
    replied
    Moon means years with Indians. If you ask them how old are you, they might say; so many moons.
    So this means the new member is old, maybe?
    Welcome new mooner.

Mike M

Leave a comment:

• Back2Jake
    replied
    Welcome Old Mooner

I am NOT going to ask about your nickname. LOL.

Leave a comment:

• Back2Jake
    replied
    Originally posted by BobD
    Welcome--a little later than the others...The board is gropwing so fast that I can't keep up! I have to choose between keeping up with the board and putting out the nxt issue of SSW

Bob Duncan
    Scroll Saw Workshop

Well! The choice is clear... the public anxiously awaits the next issue of SSW!

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X