Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Religious subjects

Hi, all!

Just discovered this board. Can anyone recommend a source for patterns of a classical religious theme (chip, relief)?

I really appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks! P

Re: Religious subjects

I have a pattern book from Ivan Whillock that has several patterns of religous theme. I can't remember the name of the book off hand though. You might look on this sights booklists. The book Im thinking about doesn't have any chip carving in it though. Religous carving is what I primarily do too. There's a great market for it!
    I Cut It Six Times And It's Still Too Short!!!

Comment

Thank you; I'll investigate the Whillock book. Meanwhile, if anyone else thinks of a source, I'd be really grateful if you shared your idea with me.

Thanks again.

Comment

you might have a look at Bill Judt's site and also look for his books. He does some beautiful relief work.

http://www.wwwoodcarver.com/Assorted...es/myhome.html

good luck,

Dave

Comment

http://www.mountainwoodcarvers.com/religiou.htm

I did a google search on religious carving and that is just one of MANY hits

Comment

Dave,

Wow! This is one talented man. I appreciate the info and link.

Phil

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
              Shrink wrap systems
              by Linda In Phoenix
              What do you use to shrink wrap, and what do you use it on? Lately in the puzzles section I've seen a couple of you mention shrink wrapping. I've considered such a leap. Even though the basics are all similar from manufacturer to manufacturer, it's still leaves some questions. Maybe others have...
              Today, 11:51 AM
            • Linda In Phoenix
              Reply to Sundays market
              by Linda In Phoenix
              Brrrr. Glad you got to sell a little. I miss the people interaction. A lot. I hope you found some pretty pieces of wood at the store!
              Today, 11:39 AM
            • Linda In Phoenix
              Reply to New tools
              by Linda In Phoenix
              New tools can definitely open up the scope of what we can do, or how well I'm on the band wagon. Congrats!
              Today, 11:36 AM
            • Linda In Phoenix
              Reply to Interesting pallet
              by Linda In Phoenix
              At work (like 15 years ago) we got in some aluminum sheet on pallets 4'x12'. Those pallets were like brand new, without even any discoloring from the metals. I asked our sales rep, and he said I could keep one pallet. I removed all the 4' boards, which measured about 1/2" thick, 4" wide...
              Today, 11:32 AM
            • NC Scroller
              Reply to Interesting pallet
              by NC Scroller
              I agree that needs to be saved for a special project. The wood is likely oak based on the grain pattern and the discoloration around the nail.
              Today, 11:30 AM
            Working...
            X