The Long Island Wood working club show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Long Island Wood working club show

After a few missed years we will be having our show again this year. It will be at a new Venue for us. We call it our prom as it gives us an opportunity to show what our members do.
    We cover all aspects of wood working Including of course scrolling, carving and turning. Three of SSWWC test cutters will be there also one of our carvers that has published in Wood carving illustrated will be in attendance. We are all excited. 2022 wood woeking show.jpg
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Looks fantastic! Hope it meets all your expectations. Your shows were always first rate, and a pleasure to attend.
    Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks Carol! We will actually have a separate room for presentations, instead of what we put you through.
      Rolf

Comment

As the saying goes; "break a leg."
        Scott
        Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

But it was so much fun! The first year we came, Joe and I brought Halloween candy for our table, along with copies of the newly published bowl book. I was still using the condo woodshop's DeWalt without a foot switch, so you had to remove the foot switch from your Hawk so I could do my demos. This is what makes memories!
          Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Too bad it’s so far and the beginning of our season for us. The Woodworking Show has pulled out of Baltimore until they get a new promoter. The closest is Chantilly, VA. Anything that has to do with 495 we totally avoid. Oh well.
            Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

It will be interesting to see if we get any vendors. We have a few that are local and affiliated with our club. But based on other shows vendors are becoming a scarce commodity. This show location should bring in lots of new visitors. I need to get busy .
              Rolf

Comment

Ours was always held at the state fair ground where Pimlico racetrack is. Slowly, vendors started changing to gutters, cleaning supplies, pickles, etc., and people just stopped coming. Peachtree pulled out a few years ago due to the illness of the owner, I believe. Then attendance really turned down. I doubt it will ever return. Chantilly is just a nightmare to get to on 495 so we won’t be going. Rockler is opening a place in Virginia, but again 495 is a Highway you only go on if necessary. Maybe we’ll find a back way to them after they open.

In the meantime, we will take a great drive over the Conowingo dam, see eagles flying, drive through mostly farmland and get stuck behind the Amish horse and buggy on our way to Groff & Groff to leave our money behind.
                Last edited by will8989; 05-05-2022, 09:12 AM.
                Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

We have our own 495 the "Long Island Expressway". That is the only thing I don't look forward to as it is a 1 hour ("Only 40 miles") drive from my house. I will probably take the southern route to avoid it.
                  Rolf

Comment

Its Showtime this weekend!!
                    Rolf

Comment

Don’t forget pictures. Have fun! I avoid 95 anything as much as possible. The beltway around here, 695, is nicknamed suicide circle. That about says it all.
                      Betty

Comment

Well it was a busy three days! We setup Friday the museum is closed that day. Saturday and Sunday was busy. I unloaded my Jeep today.
                        It is an awesome place to have a show. The natural light really brings things to life.
                        I will get the pictures off my camera tomorrow.
                        Rolf

Comment

This is a picture of the group project where we each picked something from the Summer issue. DSC_0472 v2.jpg
                          Rolf

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X