Baltimore woodworking show 1/3-1/5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baltimore woodworking show 1/3-1/5

Anyone going? The schedule looks pretty descent. Should also be a good crowd on Sunday since the Ravens aren’t playing. Bruce is setting up Friday and taking down Sunday the Annapolis Woodworkers booth.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Give Bruce some money in case they have some good deals, what happened to the ravens, eagles are playing Sunday, RJ
    Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

Only if they can move Baltimore South of DC. I hate driving between Fredericksburg and Baltimore.
      Scott
      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Where you been RJ? Ravens are seeded #1 and have home field advantage. The 2nd string beat Pittsburgh on Sunday. Their backfield is called the Heisman Trophy backfield because they have 3 winners on the backfield. I haven’t watched football in years, but this year was very entertaining with their rookie quarterback.
        Dont blame you Scott. I drive less and less anymore. Hope you will come to the open house if they are still having it.
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Originally posted by will8989 View Post
          Where you been RJ? Ravens are seeded #1 and have home field advantage. The 2nd string beat Pittsburgh on Sunday. Their backfield is called the Heisman Trophy backfield because they have 3 winners on the backfield. I haven’t watched football in years, but this year was very entertaining with their rookie quarterback.
          Dont blame you Scott. I drive less and less anymore. Hope you will come to the open house if they are still having it.
          For an open house I will make the drive.
          Scott

Comment

Wouldn’t be the same without you.
            Betty

Comment

How was the show?
              Rolf
              RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Betty, yes I knew the Ravens were #1, but eagles got to play first, they of course didn’t advance, but we did better than the Cowboys, RJ
                Life Begins @ 190 MPH

Comment

It was ok Rolf. It was more woodworking type vendors than last year, but the spaces seemed bigger to spread them out. Peach tree wasn’t there again this year. I heard she was sick last year but have no idea why they weren’t there this year. They used to take up the whole center aisle. We did find an amazing new wood supplier, walnutroadwood. We got a 10 board foot of soft maple for $35.00. Also got cherry, a piece of black walnut that ranged in color from black to light reddish brown streaks, and some quarter sawn sycamore. The total bill was $100.00. They are only open on Saturday and about 10 miles from my brother. I wouldn’t be surprised if they stopped altogether in a few years.
                  Betty

Comment

I see that with our shows also. The annual show in Saratoga NY used to be huge as it represented the woodworking clubs up there and always had many vendors. Our club used to rent a bus to take us up, but haven't for a couple of years. The vendor selection gets smaller and smaller. It also incorporated the wood turners, I believe that is still well represented with lots of presentation. I think the last really good scrolling presentations were by Janette Square( where I met her for the first time) and we also had Sheila Landry and Kieth there one year. The local club does a great job of demonstrating scrolling and carving and of course the exhibition of the local talents wood work.

Rolf

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
                      I see that with our shows also. The annual show in Saratoga NY used to be huge as it represented the woodworking clubs up there and always had many vendors. Our club used to rent a bus to take us up, but haven't for a couple of years. The vendor selection gets smaller and smaller. It also incorporated the wood turners, I believe that is still well represented with lots of presentation. I think the last really good scrolling presentations were by Janette Square( where I met her for the first time) and we also had Sheila Landry and Kieth there one year. The local club does a great job of demonstrating scrolling and carving and of course the exhibition of the local talents wood work.
                      I made that show once. It was back in 2011 or 2012. Tough 13 hours one way from NC. Got to meet Diana aka Dragon, Dirk and Karen Boelman and a few others. If memory serves Rolf I think I even met you for the first time.
                      Scott

Comment

I was at that show so i am sure we did. Sadly Diana and Dirk are no longer with us.
                        Rolf

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X