North east woodworkers show Saratoga NY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North east woodworkers show Saratoga NY

Did anyone attend the woodworking show this past weekend?

How was the turnout? I hear that there were not very many vendors.
    Rolf
    RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

I didn't attend but if it is following the trend, there are fewer and fewer woodworking vendors and people are just not attending. The one in Baltimore is hanging on just by a thread I think.
    Last edited by will8989; 04-03-2019, 10:02 PM.
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

I was the WOOD sponsored woodworking show in Charlotte, NC this past weekend. The venders choices were terrible. A couple selling windows. A couple more selling gutter guards. Two more were selling flea market type tools. Still another was selling "snake oil" type glass cleaner. Yes there were a few "real" venders and clubs doing demos, including yours truly, but overall very disappointing.
      Scott
      Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

SORRY it wasn't like ol'times!
        ♥♥ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♥♥

Comment

I see that same trend with the what used to be true Craft Fairs. Those of us that make real crafts and sell them need to take advantage of that.
          Rolf
          RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

in this area, shows are going back to true craft shows and not allowing Home party vendors or buy and sell. Of course their fees are quite high but the returns are worth it. A lot of good shows went down the tubes when they allowed Home party vendors and have not recovered. On the flip side, a lot of farmers markets only allow hand crafted work but farmers have first choice on spaces and then crafters. Ever do a craft show in a restaurant? I did in December and did quite well.
            Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Hi Rolf,
              I was not able to attend the show this either. In respect to the growing lack of vendors, i.e. sales of tools and wood, I really believe that the internet ads and Amazon have a large impact on their sales at shows.
              JackM

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Bill Wilson
                Reply to wipe on poly and tack cloth
                by Bill Wilson
                First, follow the instructions on the can, regarding wait time between coats. I would think that for the first couple coats, re-applying while the previous coat was still tacky wouldn't be terrible, but I would warn that building several coats without allowing proper drying time, will extend the overall,...
                Today, 08:50 AM
              • Don in Brooklin On
                Reply to wipe on poly and tack cloth
                by Don in Brooklin On
                I use wipe on poly quite often and I apply 2 thin coats before sanding with 220 or 320. I wipe with a lint free. Someone told me not to use tack cloth as you can leave behind a wee bit of beeswax witch could cause issues later on.

I make sure that the surface is dry and not tacky before...
                Yesterday, 05:41 AM
              • dwssr2
                wipe on poly and tack cloth
                by dwssr2
                Question, when sanding polyurethane in between coats, using a tack cloth, is it ok to wipe on poly while the project seems tacky or should a person wait a few hours to let it dry?
                How necessary is it to sand between coats of polyurethane? I am sure people have a lot of different opinions and...
                04-24-2019, 05:58 PM
              • tgiro01
                Reply to Do you know what this Is?
                by tgiro01
                Betty asked: "Where does the responsibility of the maker of an item end and the responsibility of the purchaser begin? My sealife puzzle is purchased by older people due to its complexity but - if they leave it laying around and a child gets a part and chokes, is that my responsibility or theirs?"...
                04-24-2019, 12:20 PM
              • RJweb
                Reply to Do you know what this Is?
                by RJweb
                The problem now a days everyone is sue happy, no matter who’s at fault, RJ...
                04-24-2019, 10:03 AM
              Working...
              X