Bruce went to woodworking show

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruce went to woodworking show

he was there to set up Annapolis Woodworkers. The following were no shows, possibly because of weather: Sand flee, Bosch and porter cable. Sorry Rolf, he tried to get you a contact. Jim Heavy told him they are supposed to be be at a New York show in 2weeks. Woodpeckers was there and he did buy me a mini square. No scrollsaws. He said the vendors were even down from last year but I’m sure the weather had something to do with it. Have fun if you go!!!!
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

I had to cancel, also. Not so much weather as family issues. Maybe the Chantilly, VA show in March.
    Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

They are giving away a Jet scrollsaw, a powermatic bandsaw and a lathe tomorrow. Forget the name of the lathe but Bruce said it is top of the line, starts with an N or I, I think. You have to be there to win. He will be there to help teardown their display.Maybe it will be warmer in March Tony.
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Probably a Laguna lathe. They are popular right now and they are nice lathes. I have no place to put one. I'm looking very hard at the Supermax 16/32 sander, but I have to move my planer to the garage to accommodate it. I don't want to give up the planer, but I think I'd be using the sander more than I ever use the planer. I was hoping to see something at the show. There are other drum sanders available. Just have to see them to make an evaluation.

I'm afraid the woodworking show is losing to the internet like other trade shows have gone. It's too bad, because there will be no place to get a hands on feel for new machines. Even Woodcraft keeps most of their lines in boxes. The only things to test are what they have set up in the shop.
        Tony

My Son-in-law said "Darnit, I cut this board twice, now. And it's still too short."

Comment

Originally posted by tgiro01 View Post
          I had to cancel, also. Not so much weather as family issues. Maybe the Chantilly, VA show in March.
          That show is a lot closer to me. I might just have to go.
          Scott
          Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

It would be good to meet you. Since I missed Baltimore, I'll probably do the Chantilly show. At least we wouldn't have to wear 5 layers of clothing to stay warm. They have some nice hotels in that area, also. I've had to stay there for business a few years back.
            Tony

Comment

It was a Nova lathe and 2 packages of tools and accessories worth $4000.
              Betty

Comment

The Nova if it is a DVR is an excellent lathe.
                Steve from Sand-flee did contact me a couple of weeks ago. And he graciously helped me with what I needed.
                Rolf
                RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

the guy that won it was at a show with us about 5 years ago and his house caught fire, losing everything. He replaced his tools with what he could afford, so this will help him greatly. Whatever kind of Nova it was, Bruce was impressed. One pack of turning tools and one of accessories, chucks, etc.
                  Betty

Comment

An awesome prize for a deserving guy. Nova DVR's are great lathes. I don't know how they compare to Laguna's in quality, but I love my Nova DVR XP.
                    Tony

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• octoolguy
                      Reply to Spiral Basket
                      octoolguy
                      I've watched many of Alex Fox's videos. You did a fine job on this one. I will have to give it a try....
                      Today, 03:02 PM
                    • mowerman1193
                      Reply to Pegas Blade Chuck?
                      mowerman1193
                      Hmm, I read on another message board that the thumb screws are the same size.. and they said they used their screws they had from their old clamp because they had bought some special steel ones with a knurled knob.. so I guess I would assume the screws would work.. then I also read where the only difference...
                      Today, 02:48 PM
                    • bhenr99
                      Reply to Pegas Blade Chuck?
                      bhenr99
                      I called suppliers of the Pegas blade holder and none of them could answer if parts were available.I asked mainly for the tip replacement on the thumb screw.
                      Today, 08:27 AM
                    • Rolf
                      Reply to Great Poplar
                      Rolf
                      Beautiful colors it is a shame that it doesn't stay that way.
                      Today, 08:18 AM
                    • Rolf
                      Reply to Lowes Picking up Craftsman Hand Tools
                      Rolf
                      I was never a fan of Craftsman power tools. I always though they were for "homeowner duty" and for most normal usage they are great. For heavy duty usage I go with higher end brands. My dad was a big fan. The only Craftsman tools I used heavily and still do are the mechanical ones, wrenches...
                      Today, 08:09 AM
                    Working...
                    X