Saratoga Springs Showcase 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saratoga Springs Showcase 2017

For those who may be interested, the NWA Showcase takes place in two weeks, April 1st & 2nd, 2017.
    Here is their link http://www.nwawoodworkingshow.org/ Once at the link, be sure to open the "Demonstrators"
    and "Demo Schedule" for further information

What happened to the scroll saw classes? I believe the offerings were pretty slim last year, and this year they seem even slimmer. I wish there were something to draw me to the show this year, but I really can't justify the trip just for the vendors.

Used to be such fun!
    Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

I am skipping the show this year also,I was very disappointed last year. The projects the members display are always incredible, but real slim on the vendors last year. So I will skip this year and go again next year. It is always nice to meet friends there.
      Rolf
      RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I made that show back in 2011 or was it 2012. That year I got to meet Dirk and Karen as well as several others from the forum. While I had a great time and lots of fun that 13 hour each way drive was a killer.
        Scott
        Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

I would LOVE to go back and do more seminars! Unfortunately, from what I heard, there was very, if any scrolling represented. People who want to bring more scrolling back to it should contact the producers of the show and tell them! 2014 was the year I went and I had the time of my life. Met many fellow scrollers who I'd only know virtually - best trip ever!
          Janette
          www.square-designs.com

Comment

They have had Carole, Sheila and you in the past years do some great scroll saw presentations. It is a huge woodworking club and the members work is very impressive. But scrolling is as well represented as the other works, Turning and furniture is very big. Carving is also well represented.
            Maybe one of the club members can elaborate, Barbara?
            Rolf

Comment

I the only year (I think it was 2012) I attended was the year Dirk and Kathy Boelman was there. He passed the following year. I hung out with many forum members that have dropped off or passed over the years. Names like Dragon, David Burrows, and Dick (can't remember his last name but he carved and scrolled..
              Scott

Comment

One of our club members posted these pictures from the show. I hope the link works here.
                http://liwoodworkers.org/events-meet...er=0&album=143
                Rolf

Comment

Thanks for the photos Rolf. I was not able to attend the Showcase this year either, a few health problems, age?? LOL. I'm sure the there will be a video presentation of all winners on the NWA web site in the near future. Also, let's hope that the organizers will be aware of the comments made here and offer more scrolling presentations and vendors.
                  Jack

Comment

One of the most important things that Jack forgot to post was that he was the recipient of the Second Place Ribbon in the Scrollsaw Division. He has a Consecutive Win streak going at this annual woodworking show.. His project was an Eagle done with a Mike Williams pattern. Congratulations Jack!!! Happy Easter to all. Dick Miraglia
                    Dick Miraglia

Comment

Happy Easter to you, too, Dick. Good to hear from you!

And congrats to you, Jack. And if I recall correctly, you don't use spirals, just Polar blades. Amazing!
                      Carole

Comment

Originally posted by Dick-Miraglia View Post
                        One of the most important things that Jack forgot to post was that he was the recipient of the Second Place Ribbon in the Scrollsaw Division. He has a Consecutive Win streak going at this annual woodworking show.. His project was an Eagle done with a Mike Williams pattern. Congratulations Jack!!! Happy Easter to all. Dick Miraglia
                        Dick it is great hearing from you again. I hope all is well. We would love to see pictures of your latest work. HAPPY EASTER.
                        Scott

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Carole and Dick, Yes, Carole, usually Polar blades with an occasional Ultra Reverse thrown in. I can't even come close to mastering the spirals, plus I personally don't like the fuzzy appearance they leave. That and the fact that I'm not able to obtain a good square corner or "V". Yes, Scott, it is good to hear from Dick again, I've met him, as have others who attended the NWA Showcase a few years ago, and he is a real gentleman. I have tried to down load a photo of this year's Saratoga project but the notice pops up that it is too large. I'll keep trying.
                          Jack

Comment

Jack, I resized the photo so everyone can admire your cutting skills.

Carole

Comment

WOW Jack what a beautiful piece. Would anyone mind if I moved the picture to a new thread? Everyone needs to see that work of art.
                              Scott

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• JPetrick
                                Reply to Dave Van Ess - Wonder Bowl - Reuleaux Bowl
                                JPetrick
                                I know that feeling so well Hank. I have a tendency to overthink things too. I'm going to cut one according to the pattern provided and then experiment with larger versions based on how the first comes out....
                                Today, 03:30 PM
                              • leehljp
                                Reply to Dave Van Ess - Wonder Bowl - Reuleaux Bowl
                                leehljp
                                I am interested in this also. Thank you Dave for your work and that intriguing triangular bowl. Thank you John, for bringing this up.

I am having a time getting my mind around this. In square, rectangle and round I can usually see 3D in my mind, but I am having trouble with this one. It...
                                Today, 03:20 PM
                              • NiftyWoodCraft
                                Reply to Yoga - new hobby
                                NiftyWoodCraft
                                Thank you very much!...
                                Today, 11:25 AM
                              • NiftyWoodCraft
                                Reply to Scrapwood Bowl
                                NiftyWoodCraft
                                I just kept holding them against each other and saw the line one pass at a time. Much like you make an intarsia piece fit, that is off a little bit. These, of course, took many many passes. But it worked out....
                                Today, 11:20 AM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Decorative Basket #4
                                will8989
                                They will turn up eventually, Sandy. They always do. LOL
                                Today, 11:02 AM
                              Working...
                              X