Off to Saratoga Springs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off to Saratoga Springs!

Well, it's finally here! We'll be leaving tomorrow morning, loaded up with materials for my presentations and box and bowl projects to display.

To my dismay, as I did a final check on the presenters' schedule, I discovered that my two bowl presentations had mysteriously morphed into box presentations. I did what damage control I could, and it looks like things will work out OK, but it was not a happy discovery. I was glad I noticed it today, and not tomorrow, when I arrived to set up.

I'm looking forward to our "bash" at DD tomorrow night, and I know there will be a lot of pictures to post next week. Fortunately, travel weather looks good, and it should be fun meeting people whom you only know by their avatars.

I scored some cool wood two years ago (burl and ebony) and am all set for some serious shopping. It will also be good to get away, as I tend to be a serious homebody.
    Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Carole
    We are packed already and anxious for the morning to come around. We are leaving early and also can't wait for tomorrow night DD Bash
    Diane
    Dragon
    Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
    Owner of a Dewalt 788
    PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

We will be leaving in the morning . We will be going to the show to give them a hand at setting things up . Looking forward to meeting you all
      David
      Excalibur 21

Comment

<sniffle>
        My sister just got her closing on her first house, so I get to be a grunt for the next few weeks.
        We've got stuff to do to the house before she can actually move in. And seeing as I've had 25 something years in the construction trade...I'm the guy..(sigh).

I would have really loved to have met all of you, and especially watching Carole do her magic....
        Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
        No task is too tedious for Art.
        Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
        Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

I'm jealous I'm not there. don't forget the pics!!!!
          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Jim, don't give up--it will happen. Maybe not this year, but maybe next.

You are so good, and so generous with your time and talents, and so accepting of your own struggles. We'll all raise a donut and toast you with our DD coffee tomorrow night. And then we'll toast our other forum friends, like Betty, who couldn't make it, but are there in spirit.

Promise!
            Last edited by handibunny; 03-29-2012, 07:34 PM.
            Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

So sad it is so far away. Traveling that far this year just is not in the cards for me either it's not looking good for the puzzle parley either....do some stuff out west you guys....so remember me when you are hoisting that hot chocolate and have a bear claw for me...
              "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
              Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Thank Carole...
                That means a lot...

I actually have mixed feeling, truth be told. I so would love to be there, but then my Sister's finally got her first house. They've been searching for a long time, and it's finally come to fruition...(My back hurts just thinking about it..lol).

<sniffle>
                Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
                No task is too tedious for Art.
                Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
                Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Aww. The drive is doable for me but getting away from the house is not. Someday I'll get there. Just hope they still have it when that some day arrives.
                  Keith

Comment

I hope you all have fun, we'll be waiting to see pictures....

Trout
                    Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
                    Fish are food, not friends!

Comment

Safe travel wishes to everyone........Enjoy the journey, eager to see some pix.
                      DD make the best Boston Creme donuts to go with your coffee cup 3.gif
                      Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

I look forward to meeting you all. I will be the guy with the blue shirt and gray hair, can't miss me.
                        Rolf
                        RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Did I see snow forecast for "that neck of the woods"? Be safe everyone and have a great time!!!
                          Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

I'm at the hotel and getting ready to phone David Burrows. We are going out for supper before the bash at DD at 8
                            Diane
                            Dragon
                            Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
                            Owner of a Dewalt 788
                            PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

We met up with Diane and Rob , we went to Hatties and had fried chicken we all ended up bring chicken back so good . Was a plesure meet Diane and Rob and talking with them .
                              DD was a good turn out . Thank Dick M for organizing it .
                              David
                              Excalibur 21

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X