Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATL WoodWorking Show

some info ,please

I might be able to make it,where ,what,when &Who ! Any info would be appreciated !M.V.B. Carl
    "Home Of The Dust Free Scroll Saw"
    Remember (IT is WHAT it IS)( Unless YOU change IT!)

Comment

mr carl, hold on, i’ll get ya the link

Comment

here’s the link, mr. carl….Home

Comment

Tim, I have been going to the one in Milwaukee for the past decade or so. A few years ago, I entered their Showoff contest. The people that organize the competition apologized because scroll saw woodworking cannot compete with other woodworking. I didn't agree with their assessment, so I had to give it another try. I enter my lighthouse and won. Now it is going to be entered in their last show in Houston. I'm trying to find a cheap way to get to that show, but I don't think I'm up to 20 hr road trip followed by the return trip. Sorry I won't see you in ALT, but enjoy the show.
          Donna
          www.wix.com/tangowooddesign/home-page

Comment

We went to the show in Somerset, NJ on March 24th. We have several friends who are vendors so we always enjoy the show even after a 5 hour drive. Atlanta is a bit far from Syracuse, NY (Go SU!). Be sure to get there early as Paul Moore of Stockroom Supply and You Tube sensation [search for Crazy Canadian Woodworking] comes out and discusses his piece of redwood, giving away free glue to those who answer questions. Paul and I have known each other for years as we frequent several Canadian shows also and I purchase sanding mops from him. We picked up the usual things - a new bandsaw blade from PS Wood, a couple router bits from Woodline, some sanding pads for a member from a wood dealer who won't be there (too far), and a beautiful piece of walnut crotch from another wood vendor. As usual, local clubs were there so I got to watch one of the marquetry folks work his magic. I was disappointed that Dewalt only had their scrollsaw in the box and had hoped to see the new Delta scrollsaw. If you see the new Delta in Atlanta, give us a review and your thoughts. The side arm looks interesting. Be sure to catch some of the seminars while you are there. Not only good information but also a way to rest. Paul's is, of course, the funniest and most enjoyable. Have fun.
            Barbara
            Proud user of Excalibur, RBI Hawk, & Delta

Comment

Looks like a good line up of vendors AND education opportunities. I always learn something new from these folks. I have only ONE problem with these shows.......

I spend too much money on things I HAVE to have.
              Fred
              aka Pop's Shop
              Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!.

Comment

Originally posted by B'ville Scroller View Post
                Be sure to get there early as Paul Moore of Stockroom Supply and You Tube sensation [search for Crazy Canadian Woodworking] comes out and discusses his piece of redwood, giving away free glue to those who answer questions. Paul and I have known each other for years as we frequent several Canadian shows also and I purchase sanding mops from him.
                does this mean, if i mention your name *B’ville Scroller*, that i might get a discount, or charged more? j/k…i usually don’t do the seminars, one reason being that after wife, and me get tired of circling the exhibits and booths, i get to go to the WoodCraft store in alpharetta…that’s another goodie of the day…then wife gets her goodie, a visit to one of our horse trainers, in conyers, so saturday will be a pretty decent day for the both of us….oh yeah, morning trip, and ride home trips include stops at the QT store…big smile
                Last edited by tagordy; 03-08-2012, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tango View Post
                  Sorry I won't see you in ALT, but enjoy the show.
                  Donna

Comment

tagordy - you can get a $2 discount off admission at: Home then follow the links to Atlanta show and then coupons.
                    Fred
                    aka Pop's Shop
                    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!.

Comment

thanx fred, printed out one each, this am, after finding your post

Comment

Looks like the show is scheduled for march 2013. Is this a general woodworking show. I didnt see any scrollsaw links.
                        Have a great day..Teddy

Comment

it’s a general woodworking show

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X