Lodging at saratoga springs showcase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lodging at saratoga springs showcase

I was able to arrange a special rate for scrollers at the Springs Motel at 189 Broadway in Saratoga Springs, NY for $65/night during the show at the end of March/beginning of April. For details on this woodworking show check the earlier post by JackM. Gail and Carl are the owners of this small, older, very clean motel that gets good reviews. Check it out on TripAdvisor. The phone number of the motel is 518-584-6336. Ask for the Scrollers Group rate.
    Several people have suggested an informal get-acquainted gathering prior to the show so we all could meet. It appears that the best time for this would be on the Friday night prior to the show. If there is interest, a time and place will be announced at a later date. Happy New Year!!! Dick

PS: The Meet and Greet has been scheduled at the Dunkin Donuts, 207 Broadway for 8 pm on Friday, March 30. Come share good coffee, donuts, and conversation about scrolling. All are welcome.
    For a list of those staying at the Springs Motel check out the post by Dragon in Upcoming Events titled Saratoga Springs 2012
    Last edited by Dick-Miraglia; 01-26-2012, 05:30 AM.
    Dick Miraglia

Just made my reservation, Dick. We'll be coming up on Friday, and staying until Sunday. They could not have been more pleasant on the phone, and the rooms have a refrigerator and a coffee maker. Let's hope we can get a group together!
    Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

Sounds great, Carole. We're looking forward to meeting you and all the other friendly folks in this group. One other nice thing about the owners of this motel is that if you use a credit card to make your reservations, they do not put a "hold" on your card or process the transaction until you check out, unlike so many of the big chains. Also, they only require a 24 hour notice for cancellation if your plans should change. Hence, make your reservations now so you will have them.
      Dick Miraglia

Comment

You guys are really tempting me to make this 14 hour drive.
        Scott
        Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Got my Reservation made was very easy and nice to talk too.. He did say there was a few people all ready booked at the Motel for the NWA show .
          Thanks Dick for the recommending the motel .
          Mary said it has to be good Dunkin donuts is close LOL
          David
          Excalibur 21

Comment

Cheap rates, friendly folk, and a good Dunkin donuts. Can't ask for more!
            Carole

Comment

Wish I could make it but we will either be just getting back from Texas or in Texas that week-end visiting the grandkids. Would be nice if you guys would head south to the Baltimore Woodworking Show in Jan of next year. Hint Hint
              Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Hoping to make it. I really want to meet some of the great folks on the forum.
                May the wind at you back .....
                Not be from Lunch.

Don't take life too seriously; No one gets out alive.

Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER

Visit My Gallery

Oily's Gallery

http://www.picturetrail.com/oily11

Comment

Scroller Get-Acquainted Meeting

I spoke to the Manager of the nearby Dunkin Donut and he said he would welcome us to meet on Friday, March 30 at 8 pm for great coffee, donuts, and conversation about scrolling. It would be fine for us to bring some snacks also. Mary and I plan to do that. The address of this Dunkin Donuts is 207 South Broadway, Saratoga Springs, NY. ALL ARE WELCOME!!! Dick
                  Dick Miraglia

Comment

Scott
                    please make the trip. I will call today and reserve my room.
                    Diane
                    Dragon
                    Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
                    Owner of a Dewalt 788
                    PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Just called and my room is reserved for Friday and Saturday.
                      Diane
                      Dragon
                      Owner of a Dewalt 788
                      PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Thinking real hard on it.
                        Scott

Comment

Well I finally decided. I am booked for Friday and Saturday nights. I will bring another scroller with me from NC.
                          Scott

Comment

Great news, Scott! I'm glad you and your friend can join the party. Now I really can't complain about the big 3 hours it will take me to get there! We'll even save some donuts for you.
                            Carole

Comment

Great news Scott. Looking forward to seeing you again.
                              Diane
                              Dragon
                              Owner of a Dewalt 788
                              PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
                                Yesterday, 10:01 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Dog Puzzle - Aussie
                                by will8989
                                Will check out amazon tomorrow. Thanks.
                                Yesterday, 09:53 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                                by will8989
                                Well, I used to get my shrink wrap rolls from AC Moore, and just used the last roll😟. I use a heat gun but lately and only shrink the Sealife puzzles to keep the pieces in place. I only use it on puzzles because of my display board otherwise I would have broken pieces all over the place. Also easier...
                                Yesterday, 09:49 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                                by will8989
                                He’s gotten me through some pretty tough times and always has my back so It’s the least I can do. Good thing I had the freezer stocked! That has been a time saver. I made a pot of chili on Sunday and got 6 meals out of it! As for payback, I’m getting a new shed in the spring! I had to do my flap...
                                Yesterday, 09:32 PM
                              • will8989
                                Reply to Sundays market
                                by will8989
                                We did. I only went $40 over budget. I got a 73” x 12” x 3/4” curly cherry for $55. Just needs to be run through the sander and cut to size. It’s a pinkish cherry and is so pretty. A piece of deep red redwood, 2 pieces of walnut each about 12” wide. Good haul.
                                Yesterday, 08:56 PM
                              Working...
                              X