Woodworkers Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodworkers Journal

Got my issue Saturday and see they have started a Scrollsaw department. This month Carole Rothman has a nice article in it.

A little birdie told me she was doing a piece for them. Congrats Carole.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Thanks, Scott. And thanks, Trackman, for the post. I’m pleased to have been offered this opportunity, and hope that I can help other woodworkers appreciate that great tools often come in small packages.
      Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. They were surprised at how popular scrolling is? Well we could have told them that.
        Congratulations Carole.
        I wonder if they sell it at Lowes or Home Depot.
        Rolf
        RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
        Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
        Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
        And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Congrats Carole. Well deserved.
          Denny
          ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Thanks, everyone. Just happy to have the opportunity to let folks know what a great little tool we all know and love.
            Carole

Comment

Just read the article after getting home from our New Year’s Eve seafood fest. Congrats on a the first of many great articles. Did you know you can cut material with a scrollsaw? Works great when you are cutting pieces for a quilt.
              Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Thanks, Betty. I never thought of cutting fabric with a scroll saw, although I was wondering about cutting food, but can't figure out how you'd attach the pattern. Mayo? Corn syrup?

Seriously, do you have to stabilize the fabric with plywood or card stock? When do you use it? I assume it's for stack cuts. I also assume that most scrollers are not quilters and vice versa, but you never know!
                Carole

Comment

It’s stacked between thin plywood or cardboard and taped all the way around. It is used for a pattern that has the same shape. Cutting by a rotary cutter takes lots of time. The bottom quilt was made by my sister in law and just the cutting of the small squares took almost 10hours. It fits the top of a queen size bed so it is quite large. Just a thought.
                  Attached Files
                  Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

beautiful work
                    Rolf
                    RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Congratulations Carole! Keep spreading the word.
                      Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Thanks, Bill. I’ll try my best. 😊
                        Carole

Comment

Rolf, the bottom one was a gift from my brother and wife. After she stitched it together, she marked the reverse side with the pattern and had it hand stitched by one Amish lady so the stitches were the same on the whole quilt.
                          Attached Files
                          Betty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• RJweb
                            Reply to New Band saw Fence
                            RJweb
                            Thx for the review, what size blade did you use for resawing, also I feel that is a good price considering it is a Kreg product, I like their stuff, I have a few of their products, RJ...
                            Today, 12:54 PM
                          • Rolf
                            Rolf
                            Quartz you are absolutely right about the need for a good blade and proper tuning of the saw. I thought the price was a lot cheaper than I expected. Only nine ornaments
                            Betty I have the mag switches on my scroll saw dust collection they are amazingly strong.
                            But for my fence I want to...
                            Today, 09:10 AM
                          • Sandy Oaks
                            Reply to Gizmos
                            Sandy Oaks
                            Thanks Rolf. Hard to see, but the light wood is curly maple. Beautiful
                            Yesterday, 11:07 PM
                          • will8989
                            will8989
                            Bruce bought the Carter bandsaw fence and resaw fence at the Woodworkers show. He hasn’t used it yet but will give his ewview when he does use it. His is magnetic as he is left handed.thats what he said anyway. Will let you know how it is when I use it.
                            Yesterday, 09:53 PM
                          • Trout
                            Reply to My truck is done..
                            Trout
                            Did a delivery with the new truck.. ...
                            Yesterday, 07:42 PM
                          Working...
                          X