Our woodworkers club activity this month

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our woodworkers club activity this month

An elementary school teacher from a nearby town contacted our club to ask us to give a demonstration of things to make/do with wood working tools. We spent two hours there with the 24 children ranging in ages from four to eleven. We brought ,with us, toys that were finished but needed wheels installed. Those that wanted to , painted them (cars and critters) and installed the wheels. Five guys from our club attended and we had the kids nailing into boards, (they loved that) nailing together small bird houses and installing the wheels. I also brought thirty 3-d cut horses and I taped them back together after cutting so the kids could take the pieces apart and reveal the horse inside. It is good we had five of us there. Four would also have worked but no less. There were three teachers there to help, also. With all that adult supervision the children were very well behaved. (Of course, a lot more fun than arithmetic!)
    C Horse3.jpgCritters 2.jpgRace car 002.jpgTahoka Kids.jpg
    Hegner Polymax- 3,Hegner Multimax-3,
    No PHD, but I have my GED and my DD 214"
    Website https://craftingcouple.com/

Thanks to your group for taking time to work with the kids. Looks like everyone had a good time and I am sure the kids and teachers were thrilled to have the activity. Kuddos to all. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Melanie from East TN

Comment

Good for you and your club. That's a great outreach.
      Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

What a way to give back, Jim. Looks like everyone enjoyed the time.
        Denny
        ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Great stuff! I really like the cars. It is really nice when a club gets together to do something for the community.
          Jim I hope you don't mind if I piggyback on your post. Long Island Scroll Saw Members & Girl Scouts.jpgDSC_0910 cropped.jpg

Our club just made 153 flowers for Mothers day that will be donated to local nursing homes. One of our members got the Girl Scouts to come and help paint them. What a blast.
          Rolf
          RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Love working with children. Thanks to you and your fellow members for giving time and energy.
            Scott
            Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X