Bragging?????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bragging?????????

This is posted just for my wife! At the open house (I WILL post more later on the great time we had) there was the fast fox cutting contest.Well, My wife and I were the top two speedcutters for the day, and if Rolf would have stuck around, he would have been in the finals as well. Being the nice guy that I am, I purposely cut a little bit slow just so she could win the prize.I only did it a second and a half slower, just to make her feel good, but dont tell her that ok?
    The prize? Well, she won three great books (two of which were signed), a tshirt, a 1 year subscription to SSWC (that we will extend MY subs. with), $25 in wood from a vendor there, and a 19 inch lcd computer monitor with speakers!!!
    pretty nice of me to let her win huh? Dale
    Attached Files
    Dale w/ yella saws

Hey Dale tell your lovely wife congrats from my wife and myself
    Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

we wont tell....

WHERE IS ALL THE PICTURES!
      you guys better start posting up or I just might have to tell!

Trout
      Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
      Fish are food, not friends!

Comment

Way to go Dale and Mrs. Dale. I didn't realize you were a scrolling twosome. I'd love to see the project that you cut in 35 minutes. It was probably something that would have taken me a couple hours.

Congrats.
        Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
        www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

it was 35 seconds!!! Its that little fox that Fox Chapel has as a logo!!! It doesnt have to be pretty, just complete and fast! And Thank you. Theres more pictures to come soon, but right now I need to rest! It was a long, great weekend !! Dale
          Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Way to go Mrs Dale! No luck involved in this contest, it's called talent!
            Bill

DeWalt 788

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

God gives us only what we can handle.. Apparently God thinks I am one tough cookie.....

Comment

Originally posted by ozarkhillbilly
              Way to go Mrs Dale! No luck involved in this contest, it's called talent!
              I'll agree in HER case.....but there had to be a LOT of luck involved for Dale to win second! as there were more than 2 people in the contest!!!
              ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

It was nice to meet you Dale. Sorry we had to leave,
                it would have been fun to have my butt kicked in public.
                Congratulations, on your win, to do it in that time was not easy.. Fridays winner Joe Pascucci also did it in 34-35 seconds.
                The pattern was small, the wood grainy, and you had to use a Hegner ( just kidding )
                there were a few people that cut faster, but they resulted in some amputated Fox appendages.

It was a lot of fun and I would have enjoyed a scroll off.
                Rolf
                RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Very kewl Dale and congrats to both of you

what you didnt cut any ducks? lol
                  Charlie
                  "Everything Happens for a Reason"
                  Craftsman 18in. 21609

http://wolfmooncreations.weebly.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
                    Reply to Giraffe sold at charity auction
                    by Rolf
                    WOW! That is exciting.
                    Today, 09:42 AM
                  • Rolf
                    Reply to Art crafters
                    by Rolf
                    I am glad to hear he is getting better! We all have to very careful....
                    Today, 09:40 AM
                  • Rolf
                    Reply to My first decent furniture project - Welding and woodwork combined
                    by Rolf
                    Jim, I am very impressed! You really got the hang of the welder quickly. Love the design. I sold my MIG when I decided on the TIG. I regret that decision, but space was an issue. I have a bunch of spray cans that were being thrown out at work that were meant for spraying on a metal surface before welding...
                    Today, 09:37 AM
                  • Rolf
                    Reply to Old,,,,but new here
                    by Rolf
                    Ennobee "I hope that when I'm in my mid seventies like you, I still have the guts to try a new hobby" You make that sound like that is old LOL.
                    My Mom got deep into computers in her late 70's along with digital embroidery. I am in my early 70's and constantly looking for something...
                    Today, 09:27 AM
                  • Jimern
                    Reply to Recommendations anyone?
                    by Jimern
                    Rolf, no I keep looking at them and thinking of doing it, but I am lucky my shop is sort of large enough for what I do, especially since I am drifting away from rebuilding Harley engines and repairing the bikes. I'm getting too old to be bent over that stuff anymore, even though I built the shop tables...
                    Today, 09:13 AM
                  Working...
                  X