A batch of ideas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A batch of ideas...

turn out to be a committment for new how-to articles!!!

Yep, that's right...you get to see some of my projects in upcoming issues of SSW&C Magazine! Awhile back I mentioned that I submitted a quite lengthy email to Shannon (after a lot of encouragement from my friends here on the forum) and her team for some article ideas. To my amazement she returned an email with the great news of not only one or two of them were approved from the team but FOUR...I could not believe my eyes!!! I am so excited!!! It appears I will have a busy 2012 AND I get to use my brand new mean green machine...yes, my Excalibur 21 arrived Friday...YIPPEE!!!

Along with the email, she felt that I had a lot of great ideas and that she passed my email on to their book acquisition department. I am really excited to see if they think there is room for another 'box book' out there...keeping fingers and toes crossed!

Who would have thought five years ago, coming out of a 20+ year hiatus doing artwork, I would have found a new love for woodworking and to be recognized for my skills. As always I am very grateful that I came across this wonderful forum and have met (atleast in cyberspace) so many wonderful friends and recieved so much encouragement to push me further and further in my woodworking! Thanx to Everyone!!!

HEAUX, HEAUX, HEAUX - HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!
    ~ Kim

A day in my shop is like a day at the beach...full of sunshine and ya never know where the sawdust may end up!

www.gonecoastalart.com

Congratulations, Kim! I'm so happy for you. I'm also glad you've got your new Excalibur. No stopping you now!

Jan

Comment

Wow, I can't wait to see your ideas. I will be looking foward to seeing them.

Comment

Here I thought I was seeing dots in front of my eyes...Turns out they were Stars...

Congrats Kim...!!!
        Can't wait to see what you've got for us.....
        Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
        No task is too tedious for Art.
        Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
        Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Fantastic News!! Congratulations!
          I'll be looking forward to your articles.

Nancy in AZ
          A clean house is a sign of a broken scroll saw!

Comment

Thanx Jan & Catlyn, I cannot wait to put some serious sawdust on the mean green machine! It works like a gem, but I need to make some alterations to my bench top as I have some severe vibrations from my bench top not being level. Shannon said that the first two issues for 2012 were all booked, so they should be in the Fall and Winter (Holiday) issues with two more following in 2013.

Jim, thanx bud...sorry no dots on these projects, they are all gonna be boxes! But don't worry...there will be a lot more dots in my future - lol! Plus I still owe you my WIP on 'Mischevious Grace' and finish up the Jelly Fish WIP.
            ~ Kim

A day in my shop is like a day at the beach...full of sunshine and ya never know where the sawdust may end up!

www.gonecoastalart.com

Comment

Congratulations,can't wait for the book....Lance

Comment

Kim, well done - I'll be looking out for your articles.
                Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Comment

I knew you could do it....Congrats if anyone deserves it...YOU do!
                  "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
                  Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Double congratulations Kim. I am looking forward to your articles and enjoy the new saw.

george
                    A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
                    George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

Yaaahoooooo!!! I'm so excited!! There has to be room for another box book because your's are like no others!! I'll be anxiously awaiting the articles and book!! Congrats Kim!!!
                      Cathy in NE

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." - Anonymous

Comment

Well deserved Congratulations on you being published again, or soon to be.
                        Looking forward to your crafty/artistic ideas.
                        Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Kim, now that you're going to be rich and famous, just pop for the stand that's designed for the saw. It's worth every cent! You're going to wonder why you didn't have that saw sooner.

More congratulations and best wishes for a Merry Christmas and an amazing New Year.

Jan

Comment

Congratulations Kim. You deserve all that recognition. Congrats on the new saw too. You will be needing something as special as that for your special Art. I was facinated with your Dot Art. So, I wish you a Merry Christmas & a Very Special New Year.
                            PERK

Comment

Congratulations, as we say over here, I bet you are as 'Chuffed as mint balls' hehe, nice.
                              The Journey Is Everything.

http://www.sunlion-pyrography.co.uk/

My Google+

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Quartz43
                                Reply to New tools
                                by Quartz43
                                I have an implanted spinal cord stimulator to help with back pain. They also have warnings about welding. I could not get one when I was working in an electric furnace steelmaking shop as the electrodes were over 1000 amps and volts. I have also decided to stay away from welding as I just do not...
                                Today, 03:40 PM
                              • hotshot
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by hotshot
                                You did a great job on that video. You speak and explain well!...
                                Today, 02:27 PM
                              • RJweb
                                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                                by RJweb
                                I am glad it is all working out for you, RJ...
                                Today, 01:31 PM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                Shrink wrap systems
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                What do you use to shrink wrap, and what do you use it on? Lately in the puzzles section I've seen a couple of you mention shrink wrapping. I've considered such a leap. Even though the basics are all similar from manufacturer to manufacturer, it's still leaves some questions. Maybe others have...
                                Today, 11:51 AM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                Reply to Sundays market
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                Brrrr. Glad you got to sell a little. I miss the people interaction. A lot. I hope you found some pretty pieces of wood at the store!
                                Today, 11:39 AM
                              Working...
                              X