Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Rolf for the help. How did your fair go? Don

Comment

Don the fair went very well. I posted some pictures in the business section.
      Regarding club fees. Our scrolling club is affiliated (special interest group SIG) with our main club Long Island woodworkers Long Island Woodworkers Club . The main club fees are $35a year and $25 a year for each SIG that you join. The fees cover the Barn rental where our meetings are held. They also pay for any group projects that we do or pay for a guest speaker and Our annual Christmas party. We meet once a month for about 2hours.

It is very challenging to keep things fresh and interesting for the senior scrollers without scaring the crap out of the newbie’s.
      Last edited by Rolf; 12-07-2011, 11:59 AM.
      Rolf
      RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Up date on our new scrollsaw club after the second meeting. We have a total of 22 member as of Dec. 10, We had the store manager and a couple of their employee try their hand at scrolling. Sorry I was so busy I forgot to take pictures. I'll try next month. I'm really surprised on the number of people that are interested in scrolling in a city of around 17,000. I think the ad in the paper has really helped. Don

Comment

Wish we had a club around here. I would love to be a member. Good Luck with you club Don.
          Have a great day..Teddy

Comment

I purchase another RBI 226 from a guy that I talked into getting 10 years ago and he said he only cut about 4 boards with it. I kept it and took my RBI 226 to the store to use with the Dewalt 788 that the store bought for the club. I've already sold that saw and borrowed my brothers 226 to use in the store. It's going to take two saws to keep up with the number of people to use.I've been starting the meeting off with something easy for the beginners, and then demo something like compound cut for the ones that know how to scroll. The next thing you know the beginners take it over. I think I'll have a good challenge to stay ahead of this group. Don

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
            X