Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will8989
    replied
    Well, it's about time you answered here!!! We sure do miss you and Linda. Yes, whatever did become of Neal? I attended his talk also when his book first came out. And one by Gary and a few others. "Will" is actually the nickname my husband gave me when we first started dating oh so many years ago. If I name some of the names other people call, I would probably be banned from here!! LOL. Anyway, good to see you are still among us.

Leave a comment:

• lucky788scroller
    replied
    Originally posted by Rolf View Post
    We need an openhouse so that all of us can meet face to face sometime.
    Yes Rolf, we do need Fox to hold another Open house! I do remember meeting you at the last one actually!!Also, I remember meeting Betty (Will8989 or whatever she calls herself), such a great, talented lady. And, Neal Moore.. any idea what ever become of him??

Leave a comment:

• lucky788scroller
    replied
    Wow, thanks you all for the great comments. It only figgers huh? That Shannon would have to go and post my ugly newspaper picture in here!!! She will pay dearly for that stunt!!!
    Actually though, other than a couple odd things the reporter put in the article I was pretty pleased with it. I mean... in my "inner sanctum of my basement?" LOL, or my "beefy hands" ?? Really though, I think they did an awesome job on the article. i do wish I could have proofed the article before they published it, the twin tigers clock in the article is actually a design by Sue Mey, so any credit for that design must be directed to her. Funny thing, in the newspaper that clock looked like a mantle clock, it looked huge, when actually it is tiny, with a 1-7/16" clock insert! I am not sure how they chose the pictures they used, they took probably 100 photos of about 30 projects I showed them. Thanks again for the great comments (even you Betty!!!)

Leave a comment:

• will8989
    replied
    Well, I doubt Dale will see all the congrats in this thread as someone in Fox Chapel, who's initials are BobD, has Dale working so much he can't visit us much anymore!!! I met Dale & Linda at the last Fox Chapel Open house (hint hint - time for another one) and attended some seminars together. They are both fantastic people. So Dale, even though you probably won't see this - WELL DESERVED PRAISE!!

Leave a comment:

• tony coleman
    replied
    great article,
    nice too see talented scrollers like dale get the recognition they deserve...

Leave a comment:

• sbarron01
    replied
    Great article...then I go downstairs last nite to finish up some fretwork ornaments from the Holiday 2011 issue and there's Dale's face staring back from the bottom right of the page.Yes, he designed the ornaments I was cutting. fyi...they came out very nice!

Leave a comment:

• bearfretworks
    replied
    Thanks for posting Shannon! Lucky788 is one great guy!

Leave a comment:

• sawdustus
    replied
    What a great story. Thanks for sharing it with us Shannon.

george

Leave a comment:

• Jim McDonald
    replied
    Good to see 788 in the news. Miss his pearls of wisdom around here--but understand he has other things going on.

For the rest of you, if you want to cut a medium to difficult piece, grab one of Dale's ornament designs and start cutting. They will drive you nuts at the saw, but there is a great feeling of accomplishment when you get done.

Leave a comment:

• wwalker47
    replied
    A real nice story there, Dale. Way to go!

-Bill

Leave a comment:

• edward
    replied
    Great story, I talk to Dale on occasions, he is doing great. Edward

Leave a comment:

• Greenfield_Bob
    replied
    Thanks Shannon for the post.
    Congrats Dale.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Rick-H
    replied
    Great job Dale.

Leave a comment:

• Rolf
    replied
    Great story, talented guy. It is always nice to get good press for the hobby and also for the magazine.
    We need an openhouse so that all of us can meet face to face sometime.

Leave a comment:

• Wood Dog
    replied
    Thanks Shannon for the heads up, nice to see Luckyscroller788 in the news.
    Congrats Dale.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
    Reply to EX dust collection holes screwed up a project.!
    by will8989
    Carole, only you would cut sprinkles on a scrollsaw. I would probably use rice and stain it. I just gave up replacing my insert. Its worn, but works for what I need. I do sand it to make sure there are no burrs sticking up to scratch the wood. I will be trying the new contact paper when mine runs...
    Yesterday, 08:16 PM
  • will8989
    Reply to Shawl pins
    by will8989
    Thick hair would need a larger opening, thinner hair would require a smaller opening to stay in place. The one being shown in the utube would probably work for thicker hair. They look way better than a pencil or dowel! That elephant sure is cute in her hair!.
    Yesterday, 08:09 PM
  • Rolf
    New Toy!
    by Rolf
    A family friends father passed away and he was an avid bird carver. So my nephew is helping the family sell some of his tools. I bought this air cleaner and will b uy most of his carving knives and burrs. And no that is not my workshop! Not even close. ...
    Yesterday, 04:47 PM
  • Rolf
    Reply to EX dust collection holes screwed up a project.!
    by Rolf
    I just did a quick job on my table. Charles Hand has noticed that the adhesive on the new rolls of Contact brand shelf paper leaves a residue. He has changed to The duck brand. I just bought a roll and covered my table with it. It is a tough slick surface. It will be interesting to see how it holds...
    Yesterday, 04:44 PM
  • axor
    Reply to Shawl pins
    by axor

Yes, they can be used for hair. If they are made a little larger than the original, the shawl pins will work great in the hair!...
    Yesterday, 03:21 PM
Working...
X