Fall issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall issue

I did receive my copy of the fall issue. and a copy of the puzzle book that I did all of the test cutting for. All 56 of them.
    That satiated my need to make puzzles
    Puzzle book cover.jpg
    Attached Files
    Rolf
    RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
    Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
    Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
    And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Will look forward to getting my Fall issue. Well, if you already cut all those puzzles, you don’t really need that book now do you. πŸ˜πŸ˜‰β˜ΊοΈ
    Melanie from East TN

Comment

Well I just looked under New Releases on Fox Chapels site and found the book. Under "preview" you can see a number of patterns just not all of them. I am glad they showed at least a few of them and I know why they would show them all. Maybe they could show however, really small images of the finished projects we could see what they all look like.

They could even overlap the images so as to not have the whole project showing.

They really look cute and easy to cut.

There were patterns a number of years back that are similar in style. The artist is Saburo Oguro. I thought Fox Chapel was going to release a pattern book of his patterns, but I never saw it released. I wonder what happened.

BTW, I got my issue today as well. Surprisingly early!

Karl
      Karl in Sunny Southwest Florida

Comment

Now is the time for puzzles for me. Impulse buy. I make kids puzzles mostly out of poplar, Bruce’s β€œpay” from the sawmill and sell them for $10-$15. Will check it out. Waiting for my copy of the magazine.
        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

I cut all of them with a Pegas MGT1 (13TPI) I wanted a tight gap. It was a great exercise in controlling my tendency to push sideways.
          for the most part they wanted me to use just maple with an occasional part of a different wood. I did take the liberty to add color where I felt it was needed. the editors were kind enough to allow for some flexibility. This Penguin tower is one of my favorites. Not suitable for small kids as the top Penguins Penguin Tower 2.jpg are a bit small. I left it in the cutout to keep it all to together
          Rolf

Comment

I like your color choices. Your artistic skills are right up there with the cutting! Thanks for sharing the results of your good work.

And the cutout, with a backer, would turn it into a nice tray puzzle. Is that suggested as an alternative?

Also, do you know if there’s a β€œsmall parts” warning in the book? I’m starting to incorporate them into my projects, if warranted. My youngest granddaughter is almost two, and it really makes you think twice about things we tend to take for granted.

Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

I did not see a warning. This is the only one with parts this small. I now have to decide how much to sell them for.
              Rolf

Comment

Originally posted by meflick View Post
                you don’t really need that book now do you. πŸ˜πŸ˜‰β˜ΊοΈ
                He autographed it to himself! 😁😁😁😁
                Jim
                When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
                Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim McDonald View Post

That would be funny! My fellow club members would be brutal with their harassment LOL.
                  Rolf

Comment

Originally posted by Jim McDonald View Post

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†
                    Melanie from East TN

Comment

I got the fall issue, but no puzzle book. not too surprising since I have not received the previous special issues that were offered in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Hans View Post
                        I got the fall issue, but no puzzle book. not too surprising since I have not received the previous special issues that were offered in the past.

The book is not included with the magazine. Sorry if my post was confusing. It just happened to arrive the same day as my magazine issue.
                        I get a copy sent to me because I did all of the cutting in the book.

The book was just released and has to be purchased separately.

If you did not receive something you feel you are entitled to let them know. Customer service is great.
                        ​​​​​​​
                        Last edited by Rolf; 07-11-2022, 02:50 PM.
                        Rolf

Comment

I understand. it was a deal when I renewed my subscription, it was included as a bonus for renewing. Maybe it will arrive later, not a big deal if it does not arrive.

Comment

I got my copy today. I have not had time to even open it up. Already at ArtCrafters.
                            Denny
                            ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Things I did not like in the Fall issue.

The Xyron Creative Station article looks like an infomercial. I looked into the Xyron Creative Station some time ago. To me, it seems like a waste of time and money. If you are really that concerned about getting sticky fingers print your patterns on full sheet labels. For small pieces, I don't think this would work well at all, and what if I need a pattern for one piece that is 1x3 inches. I still need the spray adhesive.

Makers Space Round Up - I don't need to see an article about maker spaces in far-off cities.

The Floors the Limit - The floor is beautiful, but otherwise the article is a waste of space.

Artists to Watch - Waste of space.

Things I liked

Toy Chainsaw - Grandson l wants one. By the time I finish his list and get to this, he will be in his 20s.

Easy Freestanding Village - It looks great to me. My grandson says it's not good because there is no backside to put things in. He sees everything as toys.

A Gaggle of Ghosts Puzzle - I always need more ghost designs.

Compound Cut Birds - I'm always looking for new small animals to cut.

Gothic Trivets - I don't usually make trivets but I'm going to make an exception for these.

Pumpkin Pie Box - My grandson got very excited about this one. Much to my surprise.

Tic Tac Toe - Grandson approved and add to his list.

The rest is not things I would make but I might someday.
                              The right to buy weapons is the right to be free.
                              -- A E van Vogt
                              Weapon Shops of Isher

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X