tooth fairy box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tooth fairy box

I love David Pollatta's tooth fairy box. It is perfect for my 8 year old grandson who lost 2 teeth in a week this summer. I made three of them out of a scrap piece of oak stair tread with an oak lid and 5 from an irregular scrap piece of 5/4 cherry with a cherry lid. I think I will give a few of them to my dentist to give out to patients. However, instead of gluing a piece of dowel into the lid which then just sits in the body, I used 1 1/8" long axle pegs which I glued into the body. The lid moves on the peg and the hub keeps the lid from falling off and getting lost. Thank you for a great, quick and easy pattern.
    George
    A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
    George

delta 650, hawk G426

George we would love to see a picture.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Yes we would.
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

OK folks, picture. I finally figured out how to upload a picture. Here is one each of my version of the oak and cherry boxes. Note the axle peg holding the top in place but allowing it to move.
        George
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.
        A day without sawdust is a day without sunshine.
        George

delta 650, hawk G426

Comment

George those are a great idea. Thanks for sharing.
          Scott
          Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X