The new Circular Scroll Saw Designs book form Fox Chapel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new Circular Scroll Saw Designs book form Fox Chapel

Many patters in it I like and I'm sure I will make several BUT Fox Chapel's printing of this book absolutely SUCKS. Most of the patterns are printed so near into the binding that it is impossible to either scan to .PDF or use a copy machine. I will have to cut out each pattern separately or cut off about an 1/8" of the entire binding edge to gat a usable pattern. I don't buy books to cut up and this the last Fox Chapel book I will purchase.

Some of the older books were that way too. It's unfortunate that the printers don't take into account what those pages are for! So sorry to hear of your disappointment. However, I will have to check out that book---I didn't even know there was a circular scroll saw designs book. Share some of your scrolling work with us please!
    Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

Linda, this is a collection of designs by Charles Hand. There really are some beautiful patterns in it. Sorry to hear that scanning the pages is problematic.
      Rolf
      RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I have to laugh at myself. The first 3 times I read that I read "The new Circular Saw Designs book form Fox Chapel". Now that would've been different! Who here hasn't read something too fast and it changed the whole meaning?!

Linda at www.ArtIngrained.com

Comment

I just found this and wondering if anyone has tried a digital version before? https://play.google.com/store/books/...d=ALQlEAAAQBAJ

edit

looks like you cannot print as the are protected.. wow.. who would by a pattern book that you cannot print..

bought paperback at walmart https://www.walmart.com/ip/Circular-...1500/575527792

Last edited by keystonecop; 05-18-2021, 01:17 PM.
          The other John A. Nelson
          johnsworkshop.com
          sigpic
          I just follow the lines and make sawdust
          on a Seyco ST-21 and a Yellow DW788

Comment

I thought the same thing Linda! What kind of saw is that!? Been accused of that more than once!.
            Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Linda that caption made me re-read it a couple of times also.

I have purchased E-books before in PDF format. I open them with Adobe acrobat and print whatever I want. I did not realize that Charles new book will be available as an E book. The only concern I have is that there are people that have no scruples who will share the book and patterns.
              Rolf
              RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to My computer issues.
                by Linda In Phoenix
                Rolf, if your Picassa file works I want it!!! They cram so much into newer programs that it just complicates things and takes away intuitive stuff. Thank you for checking!
                Today, 05:55 PM
              • Rolf
                by Rolf
                Linda,
                Quote, I kept my old computer even though it was barely alive simply due to one particular program...Picassa by Google...which they removed from the market years ago. It worked like a combo photo and editing program but easier. It could take a photo and change it to a line drawing beautifully...
                Today, 08:41 AM
              • RJweb
                by RJweb
                Buy an apple and keep the computer dr away, RJ...
                Today, 08:39 AM
              • Rolf
                Reply to New turning tools
                by Rolf
                Thanks for posting Carole, Depending on what other time consuming distractions I have I might just have to do a wavy bowl.
                Also for reminding me that I have your books on my shelf for inspiration!!
                This will also be the first time I use the Excalibur to cut the rings instead of fighting...
                Today, 08:27 AM
              • NC Scroller
                by NC Scroller
                There is a free software package by GLARY Utilities by glarysoft that our local computer club uses to clean junk off do hard drives and defrag. They recommend running it monthly. You should also check for malware which most antivirus software does not prevent.

https://www.glarysoft....
                Today, 07:57 AM
              Working...
              X