X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter issue

Has anyone received their winter issue yet, #81, RJ
    Life Begins @ 190 MPH

RJ I have not. The last one I have is issue 80. If memory serves it usually come out about now, end of Sept or beginning of Oct.
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

It should be delivered shortly.
      Rolf
      RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
      Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
      Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
      And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

It must be a GOD moment. My copy arrived today.
        Scott

Comment

Got mine in East Central Indiana. Carole has a nice bowl idea an couple of tool reviews
          Last edited by Trackman; 09-26-2020, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Got mine today and somewhat disappointed. Carole’s bowl is amazing. Don’t know how she comes up with these ideas. The Christmas items were also good but would have liked more. If I do the nativity scene, I will reduce it to about 50%. I have noticed each issue seems to be getting more words. If I was buying this from the stand, I may have passed it up. Just my opinion.
            Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Betty I would suggest sending Kaylee an e-mail with your thoughts and what you would like to see. I will say I miss the days when we had an entire issue with Christmas ornaments by designers like BJ Holme, Volker Arnold, and several others.
              Then again I would not want their job trying to come up with new and varied content.
              Rolf
              RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Got mine yesterday and I was a bit disappointed by the lack of Christmas in the issue. Like Rolf, I loved the winter issue for the ornaments.
                And Carole's bowl is quite interesting.
                Jim
                When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
                Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Got mine yesterday. Regarding Christmas Items I seem to recall a few years ago that they moved up the Holiday related items to the Fall Issue to give us more time to make.

It was great to see all of the variety of designs and contributors available
                  cwmagee
                  aka Fibber
                  Producer of fancy firewood​

Comment

I got mine the other day. Also noticed a dearth of Christmas themed projects. I don't recall seeing much Christmas stuff in the Fall issue either. I look forward to new ornament ideas, but those were lacking this year.

I do understand some of the constraints in publishing a magazine these days. I don't envy Fox Chapel Publishing. They have some real challenges in creating content for a dwindling market, so I won't complain too much.
                    Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

The Christmas Arch is my design. They contacted me to through Instagram. I was overjoyed. Hoping to see some made by others.
                      People will always throw stones in your path. What will you build?
                      Yoga patterns at https://www.etsy.com/shop/beatrixpodder
                      Things I may have scrolled: http://niftywoodwork.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyWoodCraft View Post
                        The Christmas Arch is my design. They contacted me to through Instagram. I was overjoyed. Hoping to see some made by others.
                        Congrats on being a contributor
                        Denny
                        ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Thank you Denny!
                          People will always throw stones in your path. What will you build?
                          Yoga patterns at https://www.etsy.com/shop/beatrixpodder
                          Things I may have scrolled: http://niftywoodwork.blogspot.com

Comment

I think it is beautiful and I can see one or two of my customers wanting it. I may shrink it down some if that’s ok.
                            Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

I think the issue is loaded with great projects and I salute all of you here who contributed. I have several on my must do list. Yes I would have liked more Christmas items since there is no longer a special Christmas issue but I know it is hard to make everyone happy.
                              Scott

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• will8989
                                Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                                by will8989
                                Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
                                Today, 10:32 AM
                              • Sandy Oaks
                                Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                                by Sandy Oaks
                                As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
                                Today, 09:46 AM
                              • NC Scroller
                                Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                                by NC Scroller
                                I would make the shed 1" less than the size permits are required for. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH SPACE....
                                Today, 07:42 AM
                              • NC Scroller
                                by NC Scroller
                                I shrink wrap all my puzzles. It is the best method I have found. I do not use a cardboard backer as some do. I use shrink wrap bags that I get from Amazon or Ebay. 8" x 12" will fit 95% of the puzzles I make.

To use the bags you will need a sealer. I have one very similar...
                                Today, 07:39 AM
                              • Linda In Phoenix
                                by Linda In Phoenix
                                I checked out www.ULine.com We used them years ago at the company I used to work at, and they were really reputable to work with. They have machines, guns, bags, and film. I just don't really know what works best, as well as if there is a really great priced to buy from. To date I've been a frugal...
                                Yesterday, 10:01 PM
                              Working...
                              X