Fall Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall Issue

My fall issue came Saturday. Has a article from Carole Rothman on cutting Corian. I have been wanting to try cutting Corian. Now have to take time to read it and do.

Haven't received my issue yet, but I used to cut quite a bit of Corian on my scroll saw.. As a cutler, I used to make knife handles out of the cut outs that the kitchen folks would save after they installed a new counter. I would match the customers knives to their new counters. Got a lot of sharpening and repair work that way.

I made a lot of crosses you see attached out of Corian. This one has the Thai word for "Peace" cut out of Corian and attached to the Dusty Rose Corian cross

It's no big deal cutting Corian. My little secret was to stick the Corian and blades in the freezer for a couple hours. Yep, it works better in my experience.
    Hughes_DustyRose_Corian_Cross.jpg
    Last edited by Woodtography (tm); 07-06-2020, 05:52 AM.
    Woodtography - photography in wood
    http://www.Woodtography.com

Comment

Here's one of the plain, unadorned crosses in a typical size 8x12 frame to give you an idea of the size.

Hughes_DustyRose_Corian_Cross_plain.jpg
      Woodtography - photography in wood
      http://www.Woodtography.com

Comment

Can't wait for my copy.
        Scott
        Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Got mine and skimmed it, but haven't had a chance for in depth reading yet. Carole's corian article is top of the list.
          Last edited by Jim McDonald; 07-06-2020, 10:35 AM. Reason: Autocorrect changed "corian" to coriander
          Jim
          When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
          Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Mine arrived today.... Will check it out this evening.
            Scott

Comment

Surprisingly, mine was in my mail today. I usually don’t get it for about a week from the time someone First shares they got theirs. Haven’t set down to look yet. “saving” it so I can savor it.
              Melanie from East TN

Comment

I received mine yesterday. As usual a nice variety of projects. I was also pleasantly surprised that two of my fellow club members also did some test cutting for this issue. Pg 29 and pg 31. My friend Joe on pg 31 was one of the founding members of our club and the first president, he was one of the members that really accelerated my scrolling skills.
                Bob on page 29 is an amazing Intarsia artist, he continuously keeps me on my toes to stay on top of my Intarsia skills.
                Rolf
                RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

I have not received my copy yet. This is one of the first issues I have not done a test cutting.
                  Denny
                  ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Got mine yesterday. Since I’m cutting birdhouses and angels, I’m going to do a few of the wizard wands. Also did the turkey puzzle. Also got fine woodworking yesterday. Trying to talk Bruce into the adjustable tray. Not having much luck. We already have leftover plywood from the cabinets.
                    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Number one on my list is the hummingbird puzzle box. I want a challenge.
                      Scott

Comment

We should also note that Rolf received acknowledgment from a fellow scroller, who had reached out to him, asking for help with a clock project Rolf had cut for a previous issue. A picture of his project and letter of thanks appear in this issue. He was very appreciative of the assistance and encouragement Rolf gave to him.

Well done Rolf! 👍
                        Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

I got my copy yesterday, but we got home too late to look at it. I may start with the Filigree Owls
                          Denny
                          ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Thank you Bill, my scrolling skills were accelerated by the members of our local scrolling and woodworking club. I have always felt that to keep the hobby alive it is our responsibility to pass on what skills we have. Nothing makes me happier than to get a note and hopefully a picture of a project that I was involved with. Ians note was special.

The thing about that clock project was that it was my first ever clock. Brian Law is not only and amazing designer but also very supportive. Bob Duncan had asked me if I was willing to provide the metal hardware as a kit. I reluctantly agreed. Here it is 7 years later and I still get requests for it.

One thing I did not realize is that when you are a part of a published project you become a part of it. There is not enough space in an article to cover all of the surprise details and the occasional oops or misprint. So I have gathered that information and questions that I get asked then send that out with each kit. I have priced the kit to cover my cost and time.
                            Rolf
                            RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                            Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                            Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                            And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• handibunny
                              Reply to Latest Project
                              by handibunny
                              I hope they appreciated the love and care that went into your beautiful work!
                              Today, 07:47 PM
                            • NC Scroller
                              Reply to Latest Project
                              by NC Scroller
                              A piece to be cherished.
                              Today, 02:06 PM
                            • meflick
                              Reply to Latest Project
                              by meflick
                              Beautiful piece Fibber and something that will long be treasured. Congratulations to them on 25 years. Hubby and I celebrated 35 last week. We got a new drill press. 😉☺️ (My idea.)...
                              Today, 01:48 PM
                            • cwmagee
                              Latest Project
                              by cwmagee
                              My daughter and son-in-law celebrated their 25th Anniversary in June. Since they have the means to acquire anything that they want, I had to find something that was unique. I decided on the Full Moon Night Light by Deb Nicholson feature in Issue #60. Due the Covid19, I finally got an opportunity to...
                              Today, 01:18 PM
                            • will8989
                              Reply to Did you know..
                              by will8989
                              Almost over this itchy problem. Just some on my left arm and leg. Caladryl was my friend. I would just dump some on and smear around! Down to my regular daily allergy pill but that helped a lot also. Did have to change my follow up appointment with the eye doctor until middle of August.
                              Today, 11:08 AM
                            Working...
                            X