X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolf
    replied
    Originally posted by pegasbill View Post
    I got my issue the other day and nothing in it for me. I really miss the Voelker Arnold style patterns and things like that. My subscription ends in June and so do I. I have a lot of issues over the years on file, lately it seems the magazine is really changing for the not good
    Bill in Wisconsin
    What would you like to see more of ?

I am big fan of Volker's work, his Moon ornaments were a big factor in how successful my annual Christmas sales were and are. I have been trying to encourage the US distributor of Volkers work to submit some new projects, I will try again.

With regard to magazine content, that is a tough one. The scrolling hobby does not have a lot of variables so it is difficult to keep fresh. I know this first hand having been president of our local club for many years.
    You are either cutting holes, fretwork, or intarsia, or a combination of those skills to make toys etc. It is easy to get stuck in a rut so I appreciate that the editors are pulling in new artists with new ideas, some I like some I don't.
    Having said that I have cut enough Victorian style fretwork projects to last a lifetime.
    I look forward to designs by Charles Hand and several new artists from around the globe.

Leave a comment:

• Jim McDonald
    replied
    Bill, probably won't change your mind, but there are issues that do nothing for me, but I always look for the next one because it just might have four or five pieces for me.

Leave a comment:

• pegasbill
    replied
    I got my issue the other day and nothing in it for me. I really miss the Voelker Arnold style patterns and things like that. My subscription ends in June and so do I. I have a lot of issues over the years on file, lately it seems the magazine is really changing for the not good
    Bill in Wisconsin

Leave a comment:

• Ennobee
    replied
    I got mine either yesterday or the day before. (So much has happened since it's easy to mix up dates) I immediately bookmarked three projects to try out once life gets a little less hectic. Already looking forward to it.

and yes, Sandy Oaks, the butterfly is one of them.
    Last edited by Ennobee; 01-10-2020, 11:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• meflick
    replied
    FINALLY mine came today (Fri., 10th). Now to find some time to look through it.

Leave a comment:

• will8989
    replied
    I got mine yesterday. Haven’t had much time to look at it. Still finding my work bench. I found 8’ of it, looking for the other 8’ tomorrow. The closet is all cleaned and straight. Hopefully done tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• KarlB
    replied
    Today, the 8th in Naples FL.

Karl

Leave a comment:

• cwmagee
    replied
    I got my this afternoon, I guess they gave the ponies some oats

Leave a comment:

• Sandy Oaks
    replied
    I received my copy today. The first project will be Diana Thompson’s Butterfly.

Leave a comment:

• Jim McDonald
    replied
    Got mine on the 7th, but was so busy last night, I didn't get a chance to even open the wrapper. Perhaps tonight.

Leave a comment:

• meflick
    replied
    Still nothing here yet [Wed. 8th)

Leave a comment:

• leehljp
    replied
    Got mine yesterday (7th).

Leave a comment:

• cwmagee
    replied
    Nothing for me either. I guess the pony express did not get over the Christmas Rush

Leave a comment:

• martzy
    replied
    Mine came yesterday. I like the bunnies.

Leave a comment:

• meflick
    replied
    Nothing today

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• leehljp
    Reply to coronavirus conversation
    by leehljp
    From a "Pen" forum:
    Wife, calling out from another room: "Do you ever get a stabbing pain in your chest, you know, like someone is sticking pins in a Voodoo doll with your image on it?"

Me: No, Why?

Wife (about 5 seconds later) "How about now...
    Yesterday, 08:59 PM
  • Linda In Phoenix
    Reply to Ice Cream
    by Linda In Phoenix
    That's adorable! I haven't received my copy of that issue yet. I think it went slow truck this time. When I do I am going to check that out!
    Yesterday, 08:28 PM
  • Linda In Phoenix
    Reply to Why can I find..
    by Linda In Phoenix
    From what issue? This crayon is dull, but I'd like to help look.
    Yesterday, 08:26 PM
  • Barb.Enders
    Summer issue patterns
    by Barb.Enders
    It was great to receive the summer issue today as the snow squalls were flying I was very excited to copy to try the fretwork Parrot by Charlie Dearing. I have spiral blades on order and should be receiving them soon as well. Did you mean to cut the last bit of tail off. It looks odd that it has...
    Yesterday, 06:35 PM
  • will8989
    Why can I find..
    by will8989
    the extra balloon pattern from this issue? We know I'm not the brightest crayon in the box, my daughter's words, but I've searched for it on here and scrollersawer.com and nothing. Help!!
    Yesterday, 12:37 PM
Working...
X