No announcement yet.

Spring 2020 Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got mine either yesterday or the day before. (So much has happened since it's easy to mix up dates) I immediately bookmarked three projects to try out once life gets a little less hectic. Already looking forward to it.

and yes, Sandy Oaks, the butterfly is one of them.
    Last edited by Ennobee; 01-10-2020, 11:40 PM.

Comment

I got my issue the other day and nothing in it for me. I really miss the Voelker Arnold style patterns and things like that. My subscription ends in June and so do I. I have a lot of issues over the years on file, lately it seems the magazine is really changing for the not good
      Bill in Wisconsin

Comment

Bill, probably won't change your mind, but there are issues that do nothing for me, but I always look for the next one because it just might have four or five pieces for me.
        Jim
        When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
        Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Originally posted by pegasbill View Post
          I got my issue the other day and nothing in it for me. I really miss the Voelker Arnold style patterns and things like that. My subscription ends in June and so do I. I have a lot of issues over the years on file, lately it seems the magazine is really changing for the not good
          Bill in Wisconsin
          What would you like to see more of ?

I am big fan of Volker's work, his Moon ornaments were a big factor in how successful my annual Christmas sales were and are. I have been trying to encourage the US distributor of Volkers work to submit some new projects, I will try again.

With regard to magazine content, that is a tough one. The scrolling hobby does not have a lot of variables so it is difficult to keep fresh. I know this first hand having been president of our local club for many years.
          You are either cutting holes, fretwork, or intarsia, or a combination of those skills to make toys etc. It is easy to get stuck in a rut so I appreciate that the editors are pulling in new artists with new ideas, some I like some I don't.
          Having said that I have cut enough Victorian style fretwork projects to last a lifetime.
          I look forward to designs by Charles Hand and several new artists from around the globe.
          Rolf
          RBI G4 26 Hawk, EX 16 with Pegas clamps, Nova 1624 DVR XP
          Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
          Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
          And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• leehljp
            Reply to coronavirus conversation
            by leehljp
            From a "Pen" forum:
            Wife, calling out from another room: "Do you ever get a stabbing pain in your chest, you know, like someone is sticking pins in a Voodoo doll with your image on it?"

Me: No, Why?

Wife (about 5 seconds later) "How about now...
            Yesterday, 08:59 PM
          • Linda In Phoenix
            Reply to Ice Cream
            by Linda In Phoenix
            That's adorable! I haven't received my copy of that issue yet. I think it went slow truck this time. When I do I am going to check that out!
            Yesterday, 08:28 PM
          • Linda In Phoenix
            Reply to Why can I find..
            by Linda In Phoenix
            From what issue? This crayon is dull, but I'd like to help look.
            Yesterday, 08:26 PM
          • Barb.Enders
            Summer issue patterns
            by Barb.Enders
            It was great to receive the summer issue today as the snow squalls were flying I was very excited to copy to try the fretwork Parrot by Charlie Dearing. I have spiral blades on order and should be receiving them soon as well. Did you mean to cut the last bit of tail off. It looks odd that it has...
            Yesterday, 06:35 PM
          • will8989
            Why can I find..
            by will8989
            the extra balloon pattern from this issue? We know I'm not the brightest crayon in the box, my daughter's words, but I've searched for it on here and scrollersawer.com and nothing. Help!!
            Yesterday, 12:37 PM
          Working...
          X