Magazines Published

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magazines Published

Hi, Has the magazine ever thought of or ever done a series of CD's (not sure if CD's are still the thing) of all the magazines published? I would purchase it! National Geographic did that, a real handy resource to have.

They have thought of this, and I own them. Pretty interesting to see the vendors from the early days, and see how the pattern designers improved their craft over the years. Also, there was a lot of Corian and stuff in the early issues.

Here is a quick way to get to these: https://foxchapelpublishing.com/cata...ult/?q=archive
    Last edited by hotshot; 09-24-2018, 09:04 PM.
    "Ever Striving, Never Arriving"

Comment

That's GREAT thanks Randy. Early Christmas present for me. YEAH!!!

Comment

I have the first 48 issues on CD and I just wish they would do more.

It would be great if you could buy each issue on a download so you did not have scan and print from the magazine.

I have even suggested that I would pay more for this service.

Don McFarland ​Member - Durham Woodworking Club http://www.durhamwoodworkingclub.com/

Comment

I would like them published in digital format.....BUT if they do that people would start sharing the files.

Comment

I too have the first 48 issues on the 4 CDs, and like Don, I would love to see them update and provide more of them past the 48th issue. Rather than CDs, they could consider doing them on "USB" sticks. Several magazines offer them this way now. One benefit is that you can fit more issues on one (depending on the size of it of course). Plus, CD drives are slowly disappearing off of newer computer models. (The one I am on now, and my husband's newer laptop no longer has one. I have purchased an external CD drive to use with them.)
            Melanie from East TN

Comment

How many issues are there to date?

Comment

Bob posted last week in another thread that the Winter, 2018 edition is on its way to subscribers. The preview of that edition, which can be found on the website here: http://scrollsawer.com/2018/09/05/sc...2018-issue-73/
                you will notice it is issue 73. That means that there are now 24 more issues out that are not available yet on the CDs or other electronic media.
                Melanie from East TN

Comment

Some great projects in this issue! I have already done three of them. It is nice to see Charles Hand's debut in the magazine with his absolutely stunning Winter retreat. If anyone grumbles about the lack of fretwork with this issue they need help.
                  No I don't already have the magazine but I did test cut two of the projects and I cut Charles Winter Retreat last year after he challenged me to cut it. I am glad he did. Winter retreat done (600 x 507).jpg I am not big on fretwork but this one is the most enjoyable one I have ever cut. I used both a #1 FD spiral and an Olson 2/0 reverse.
                  Rolf
                  RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
                  Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
                  Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
                  And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

That is sure beautiful, Rolf. Nice framing too!
                    Denny
                    ArtCrafters in Dayton, TN

Comment

Can’t wait for the issue to arrive.
                      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

I really like that pattern Rolf. I'll have to add that one to my list. Nicely done.

I'm looking forward to the issue coming out.
                        Homer : "Oh, and how is education supposed to make me feel smarter. Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X