No announcement yet.

Fall Issue #72

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Bruce, for the kind words. I never played Farkle or any game that required other than two 6-sided dice. Monopoly was about my speed--with multi-hour marathons when I was a little kid away at a bungalow colony in the "country" for the summer.

My older son was a D&D player as a teenager, but I never knew there were so many different types of dice. When I was challenged to create a dice tower, I first had to find out just what it was, and that led to learning about a fair throw and other words totally new to me. About the only thing that was familiar was the beveled cutting, which is where I live. It was really fun trying out different angles for the paddles, and figuring out how long the bottom ramp needed to be to come out just where I wanted it.

It's a fun project, and if you can cut the pieces with a table saw, and do the angles on a miter saw, it should work up pretty quickly. It's also do-able with just a scroll saw, which is a must for any project meant for scrollers.

Enjoy!
    Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

My favorite is a two sided die! heads or tails!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X