Pinterest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinterest

I received a link to one of their pages and again they are showing patterns with the copyright info from the magazine. I clicked on the puzzle and it took me to several more. Would you like the link sent to you?
    Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Hi Betty,
    Please send them to duncan@foxchapelpublishing.com.

Bob
    www.WoodCarvingIllustrated.com
    www.FoxChapelPublishing.com
    www.ScrollSawer.com

Comment

Sent the site to you.
      Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

I emailed you the link, I hope. LOL
        Betty

Comment

These people sure are busy. I just sent you another link that shows about 5 or 6 patterns.
          Betty

Comment

What do I look for to make sure I am not using a copy write photo? I saw a bunch of bowl patterns with a Russian link. In software, I used shareware and always paid for what I used. I occasionally used "freeware" if it wasn't pirated (I did searches).

How do I keep from miss-using something in my searches . . . i.e. what do I look for? How do I do a search for a "pattern" to see or know if it is legit or not?

Thanks

Hank Lee
            Hank Lee
            Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted.

Comment

The ones I have seen are taken directly from the magazine with the copyright info left on the pattern!!! I use some patterns from there and as long as it doesn't have any copyright info I use it. I also have the russian basket site. Have you noticed they are brown lines on orange paper? Have you ever tried to print that? Those baskets are beautiful and I would love to make one. The baskets I showed in the Baskets section are patterns I copied from Pinterest. I have no idea how to research a pattern from Pinterest to see if it is pirated. Maybe some one else knows. My computer skills are limited, as anyone in here knows.
              Betty

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• JPetrick
                Reply to Dave Van Ess - Wonder Bowl - Reuleaux Bowl
                JPetrick
                I know that feeling so well Hank. I have a tendency to overthink things too. I'm going to cut one according to the pattern provided and then experiment with larger versions based on how the first comes out....
                Today, 03:30 PM
              • leehljp
                Reply to Dave Van Ess - Wonder Bowl - Reuleaux Bowl
                leehljp
                I am interested in this also. Thank you Dave for your work and that intriguing triangular bowl. Thank you John, for bringing this up.

I am having a time getting my mind around this. In square, rectangle and round I can usually see 3D in my mind, but I am having trouble with this one. It...
                Today, 03:20 PM
              • NiftyWoodCraft
                Reply to Yoga - new hobby
                NiftyWoodCraft
                Thank you very much!...
                Today, 11:25 AM
              • NiftyWoodCraft
                Reply to Scrapwood Bowl
                NiftyWoodCraft
                I just kept holding them against each other and saw the line one pass at a time. Much like you make an intarsia piece fit, that is off a little bit. These, of course, took many many passes. But it worked out....
                Today, 11:20 AM
              • will8989
                Reply to Decorative Basket #4
                will8989
                They will turn up eventually, Sandy. They always do. LOL
                Today, 11:02 AM
              Working...
              X