Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Forum problem log

Hi Gang,
    Here's a spot to log forum issues and to check for updates on those issues and any work arounds.
    www.WoodCarvingIllustrated.com
    www.FoxChapelPublishing.com
    www.ScrollSawer.com

Something right off the bat: The new software did not support the import of folks avatars. So you'll need to upload a new avatar.
    www.ScrollSawer.com

Comment

Also, I see that the New Topics button / link is throwing an error. I've passed that on to our IT guys.
      www.ScrollSawer.com

Comment

Originally posted by BobD View Post
        Something right off the bat: The new software did not support the import of folks avatars. So you'll need to upload a new avatar.
        Can't find where to upload the avatar - maybe I'm not digging deep enough/
        The good woodworker does not craft the wood for honor. He uses his craft to honor the wood.

Comment

We will have to check the settings for the avatar upload... the new software has quite a few new options... and permission levels. Also, we will have someone check the NEW TOPICS button / link... i'm seeing some subtle differences based on the different test accounts we have set-up but not seeing an error yet... THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ALL... and thanks to Bob for his help.

Comment

To upload an avatar, click on your name in the top right corner, and then My Profile. Then, if you hover over the blank space in the left column, a little box should show up on the bottom that says Edit Avatar.
            www.ScrollSawer.com

Comment

Is the Gallery gone?

On the old forum I was able to put this line ( my moto) " I don't know that I can't therefore I can" at the end of my posts . I don't see where I can do that in my profile.
              Last edited by Rolf; 08-04-2015, 05:31 PM. Reason: Nevermind about the signature I found where to turn it on
              Rolf
              RBI G4 Hawk, Delta SS350, Nova 1624 DVR XP
              Philosophy "I don't know that I can't, therefore I can"
              Proud Member of the Long Island Woodworkers Club
              And the Long Island Scrollsaw Association

Comment

Bob, is there a way to send out emails to members that were active before the new site came live? There are a lot of people who are still using the old url which give an error message. Word of mouth spreads but there are some folks that are not on other forums.

Thanks.

Dan
                Dan H

I would rather be friendly to a stranger than be a stranger to my friends.

Comment

Originally posted by BobD View Post
                  To upload an avatar, click on your name in the top right corner, and then My Profile. Then, if you hover over the blank space in the left column, a little box should show up on the bottom that says Edit Avatar.

Can you do a screenshot of the blank space in the left column? I have tried hovering over everything on the left side of the page and don't see where it says Edit Avatar at the bottom.
                  Dan H

Comment

This isn't a problem but something that is annoying...the Random Question. Is the Random Question a permanent fixture of the new site?
                    Dan H

Comment

I haven't come across that Dan....at what point are you seeing it?
                      Shawn Ferguson

Come visit at The Ferguson Puzzle Company !

Comment

Welcome back..Took a while to figure out how to post. What is with the math question?
                        Scott
                        Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Here's a few more glitches so far...

1: it's looking like the ability to set an avatar pic may just be set up for mods/admins currently. Maybe a security setting needs a tweak?

2: there does not appear to be a way to reply to a PM
                          Shawn Ferguson

Come visit at The Ferguson Puzzle Company !

Comment

Nice to be back!
                            Steve in Richmond, VA with a DW-788

Comment

Have we lost the personalized signatures?
                              Steve in Richmond, VA with a DW-788

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X