Back Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back Issues

It has been mentionned before in other post and I will ask the question here. What are the chances of having reprints of the out of print issues?

My four children got together and got me the back issue bundle which I love. But while reading I discovered that in issue 7 there is a nice drgon clock by Rick Hutchison. Out of print, out of luck.

What if there was some corrections or changes that was printed in the next issue that I am missing. I would sure like to know about it before I start and get very frustrated.

There are many reasons why I would like to have the missing issues in my set. I know that I am not the only one that would buy them.

So???
    Thanks
    Diane
    Dragon
    Owner of a nice 21" Excalibur
    Owner of a Dewalt 788
    PuffityDragon on AFSP

Diane,
    You might want to contact Rick directly for the pattern. His website is www.scrollsaws.com

Kevin
    Kevin
    Scrollsaw Patterns Online
    Making holes in wood with an EX-30, Craftsman 16" VS, Dremel 1680 and 1671

Comment

But what if there are other patterns that we may like but don't know who the designer was? If the costs of reprinting the old magazines is too much, maybe they could be obtained electronically instead. I bought the bundle of mags too and was a little frustrated because the majority of them had holiday things in them. Sure would be nice to have the missing magazines somehow.
      Mia

We are the music makers.
      We are the dreamers of dreams.

Easy scrollin' with a DW788

Comment

I didn't design the dragon clock. I received a good sketch or the pattern, I think it was from Lori Irish. I just cleaned up the pattern and turned it into a clock, then cut it for the pictures and wrote the article. I still have the original files and patterns on my computer but will not distribute them with permission from Fox Chapel.
        Rick Hutcheson
        http://www.scrollsaws.com

Comment

Thanks for that answer Rick and although I would love to have it, yes I will wait for Rob or Shannon to answer. I am willing to buy the issues. I have never seen them on EBay or anywhere else. Will keep my fingers crossed.
          Diane
          Dragon
          Owner of a Dewalt 788
          PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

If there are any specific aticles you are looking for, just contact our Customer Service department and they can hook you up
            [email protected]

We really have a policy not to do reprints in the magazine. it's a complicated decision based on a number of factors and the minumum print run, which is usually around 20,000 issues, is one of the big issues.

We are working on some sort of electronic format for subscribers (a subscribers only area) where you can get a lot of the patterns from past issues...but thats in the pre-beta stage.

Bob
            www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Thank you very much Bob. It would be nice also to have the corrections that were done in those past issues.
              If you are looking for a beta tester I am always available
              Diane
              Dragon
              Owner of a Dewalt 788
              PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Most, if not all, of the corrections are posted on the website...under the issue where the original article appeared.

Bob
                www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Originally posted by BobD
                  If there are any specific aticles you are looking for, just contact our Customer Service department and they can hook you up
                  [email protected]
                  But if we don't have the issue, how would we know what specific article to request? I'd pay for an electronic access back-issue subscription.
                  Mia

We are the music makers.
                  We are the dreamers of dreams.

Easy scrollin' with a DW788

Comment

Thanks again Bob. Never had to really look that up before. Will be checking it out.
                    Diane
                    Dragon
                    Owner of a Dewalt 788
                    PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Mia
                      If you look under the back issues, the articles and all the contents are listed.
                      http://www.scrollsawer.com/backissues.php
                      Diane
                      Dragon
                      Owner of a Dewalt 788
                      PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Sorry, Mia, at this point, that's the best I can offer. We're a small operation here (one web guy for all of Fox Chapel Publishing--that's two mags and a host of books)...so he's busy 24/7. Rob's working on a big update to the websites, but it just takes time!

Bob
                        www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Tell Rob to take his time. We don't want to end up like Microsoft and keep receiving "patches"......
                          Diane
                          Dragon
                          Owner of a Dewalt 788
                          PuffityDragon on AFSP

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• jim_mex
                            New PC keyboard has an error
                            by jim_mex
                            Partly because I have trouble seeing small letters with my one remaining eye and also because my existing wireless keyboard gave up the ghost a couple of days back I went out this morning and bought a new wired keyboard from our local Oice Depot.

I chose one with really big blue illuminated...
                            Today, 03:47 PM
                          • jim_mex
                            Reply to Big week here
                            by jim_mex
                            Hi Jim - A nice story regarding your son biting the bullet. Congrats to all!

Re your upcoming retirement. I wasn't really looking forward to mine but to be honest, apart from being home based due to this darn virus, I've gotten accustomed to getting up in the morning and deciding what I...
                            Today, 03:32 PM
                          • Quartz43
                            Reply to New tools
                            by Quartz43
                            You have found out about retirement. Busy, busy and busy. And you need more tools!
                            Today, 03:29 PM
                          • wjbclocks1
                            Reply to Big week here
                            by wjbclocks1
                            Enjoy life, Congrat....
                            Today, 01:30 PM
                          • Jim McDonald
                            Reply to New tools
                            by Jim McDonald
                            Good luck getting ANY of that garden space!
                            Today, 01:24 PM
                          Working...
                          X