Question on Floral Fretwork Cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Floral Fretwork Cross

Hi , my question is on the floral fretwork cross on page 74 by Tim Andrews. As I look at the picture and at the pattern their are some noticeable differences between the two. Is there a specific reason why they would not match up. I know that the picture and pattern are reversed but they still are not exactly the same. I see no problem for it could have been breakage or fallout. I was just wondering because it was noticeable. Steve
    If This HillBilly Can't Fix it Then it Ain't Broke!!!
    My Gallery
    [email protected]

We reversed the photo because the shadows looked odd coming from the other side (it's easy to flip photos in Photoshop).

But I see what you mean...I never noticed that! When Tim sent us the pattern in, it was hand sketched, so we sent it out to be re-drawn. I've looked at the origional, and aside from the lines being crisper, it's identical.

I wonder if Tim adaped the pattern as he cut. Thanks for pointing that out!!!

Bob
    www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Cross Differences

I had another subscriber email me about that - and like Bob - I never noticed the differences until they pointed them out! I did email Tim and haven't heard back from him yet. A lot times, the designer will cut a proto-type and then make changes to the pattern before publication. I'm assuming that's what happened - I'll let you know when I hear from Tim.

Comment

I think my shop floor is full of prototypes
        I can see how that would easily happen
        CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
        "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
        Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...