X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PuzzledMoose
    replied
    Originally posted by Gill
    Too much time? We're getting off lightly compared to what's happening on the UK Workshop Forum...

I just hope I don't need to explain pantomimes; in comparison cricket is sane!

Gill
    ROTFL that is very funny, Gill. Looks like they're an interesting bunch on there..

I'm trying to remember where I saw something about pantomimes being explained to an American - was it in one of the Bill Bryson books? Any Bill Bryson fans around?

Leave a comment:

• Gill
    replied
    Too much time? We're getting off lightly compared to what's happening on the UK Workshop Forum...

I just hope I don't need to explain pantomimes; in comparison cricket is sane!

Gill

Leave a comment:

• ChuckD
    replied
    More than a few and way to much

Leave a comment:

• Minnesota scroller
    replied
    I'm beginning to think a few too many people have too much time on their hands.

Leave a comment:

• workin for wood
    replied
    Thanks, I can always use another smile. I sure wish it was me with a truckload of free exotics. Bob's not saying how he swung that deal.

Leave a comment:

• meydenhart
    replied
    Exposed!

Oh my Jeff! I was just browsing the web and came across this. It said something about a large load of wood that went missing from a timber merchant...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Marcel in Longueuil
    replied
    Hey Bob,

Ever think that the other mag might still be on the stand only because they sold all copies of the good one(SSW&C) first, and were stuck with leftovers?

Just a thought,
    Marcel

Leave a comment:

• William Young (SE BC)
    replied
    Good idea Bob. I think I will ask the managers about that. I will give them the address from one of my previous copies so they can pass it on to their magazine distributors that fill their racks on a regular basis. . I think they would have a market for both of the scrollsaw magazines here unless they have done a survey that proves otherwise. The only magazine racks we have in Creston BC are in two big grocery chain stores and they really have an extensive showing of all kinds of magazines that takes up a long part of one isle..
    I will also be back and forth across the border in the next few weeks and look in some bigger outlets in USA and maybe ask why they don't have it in the American north west if I don't see any displayed. ..
    W.Y.

Leave a comment:

• BobD
    replied
    I think you need to complain to your newsstand then! They are the ones who decide what magazines they are going to carry!!!!!

The Holiday issue sold out, but we've reprinted it...and the Spring issue just mailed out to subscribers the other day, and is due on newsstands down here in Mid-January.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• William Young (SE BC)
    replied
    Hi Jeff;
    That is hillarious . You sure had a bunch of us fooled.
    Computers can sure be fun sometimes.

Beleive it or not when I went to town this morning I actually scanned the magazine racks looking for the latest issue . . . or any issue . . but the only thing related to scrolling was a dozen Creative Woodworks and Crafts magazines.

Hey Bob.
    I am still waiting for a tractor trailer load of exotic woods to be dropped off at my place.
    But then I have ocean front property in Arizona for sale as well and if you'll buy that I'll thow the Golden Gate in free. . . . . .
    W.Y.
    Last edited by William Young (SE BC); 12-21-2006, 02:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BobD
    replied
    I came home yesterday from work to find a huge pile or exotic woods in front of my house. My neighbor's said a nice gentleman in a tractor trailer stopped outside my house, and just about emptied his whole trailer, which was stuffed to the seams with wood...

Ebony, bloodwood, Cocobolo, if you can name it, it's in the pile...

(LOL)

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Grizz
    Guest replied
    Okay Jeff, just how much kick-back is BobD getting for getting you onto the cover? hmmmmm?

Leave a comment:

• workin for wood
    replied
    Thank you speach

I'd like to thank my mother and father for supporting me when I was younger.
    I'd like to thank all the members of SSW for their support, and most of all I'd like to thank my wife for her support and sticking with me for all the hours spent out in the shop. I'm am truly honored to be scroller of the year, and will not let the good name of SSW go into the toilet by going on a drinking and partying rampage.

(now que the music...)

Leave a comment:

• PuzzledMoose
    replied
    The 52 patterns for handcrafted holiday gifts at the top was a bit of a giveaway .. lol Very funny though

Leave a comment:

• bronco
    replied
    Good one Jeff,you got me!
    Bill

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X