No announcement yet.

Special Issue on the way !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I came home yesterday from work to find a huge pile or exotic woods in front of my house. My neighbor's said a nice gentleman in a tractor trailer stopped outside my house, and just about emptied his whole trailer, which was stuffed to the seams with wood...

Ebony, bloodwood, Cocobolo, if you can name it, it's in the pile...

(LOL)

Bob
    www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Hi Jeff;
      That is hillarious . You sure had a bunch of us fooled.
      Computers can sure be fun sometimes.

Beleive it or not when I went to town this morning I actually scanned the magazine racks looking for the latest issue . . . or any issue . . but the only thing related to scrolling was a dozen Creative Woodworks and Crafts magazines.

Hey Bob.
      I am still waiting for a tractor trailer load of exotic woods to be dropped off at my place.
      But then I have ocean front property in Arizona for sale as well and if you'll buy that I'll thow the Golden Gate in free. . . . . .
      W.Y.
      Last edited by William Young (SE BC); 12-21-2006, 02:44 PM.
      http://www.picturetrail.com/willyswoodcrafting

The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us

Delta P-20 Scroll Saw, 14" x 43" Craftex Wood Lathe and Jet 10" Mini Lathe .

Comment

I think you need to complain to your newsstand then! They are the ones who decide what magazines they are going to carry!!!!!

The Holiday issue sold out, but we've reprinted it...and the Spring issue just mailed out to subscribers the other day, and is due on newsstands down here in Mid-January.

Bob
        www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Good idea Bob. I think I will ask the managers about that. I will give them the address from one of my previous copies so they can pass it on to their magazine distributors that fill their racks on a regular basis. . I think they would have a market for both of the scrollsaw magazines here unless they have done a survey that proves otherwise. The only magazine racks we have in Creston BC are in two big grocery chain stores and they really have an extensive showing of all kinds of magazines that takes up a long part of one isle..
          I will also be back and forth across the border in the next few weeks and look in some bigger outlets in USA and maybe ask why they don't have it in the American north west if I don't see any displayed. ..
          W.Y.
          http://www.picturetrail.com/willyswoodcrafting

The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us

Delta P-20 Scroll Saw, 14" x 43" Craftex Wood Lathe and Jet 10" Mini Lathe .

Comment

Hey Bob,

Ever think that the other mag might still be on the stand only because they sold all copies of the good one(SSW&C) first, and were stuck with leftovers?

Just a thought,
            Marcel
            http://marleb.com
            DW788. -Have fun in the shop or it isn't a hobby anymore.

NOTE: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Exposed!

Oh my Jeff! I was just browsing the web and came across this. It said something about a large load of wood that went missing from a timber merchant...
              Attached Files
              Sue Mey

Comment

Thanks, I can always use another smile. I sure wish it was me with a truckload of free exotics. Bob's not saying how he swung that deal.
                Jeff Powell

Comment

I'm beginning to think a few too many people have too much time on their hands.
                  Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
                  www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

More than a few and way to much
                    Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
                    Jean De La Bruyere...

l
                    Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Too much time? We're getting off lightly compared to what's happening on the UK Workshop Forum...

I just hope I don't need to explain pantomimes; in comparison cricket is sane!

Gill
                      There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
                      (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Originally posted by Gill
                        Too much time? We're getting off lightly compared to what's happening on the UK Workshop Forum...

I just hope I don't need to explain pantomimes; in comparison cricket is sane!

Gill
                        ROTFL that is very funny, Gill. Looks like they're an interesting bunch on there..

I'm trying to remember where I saw something about pantomimes being explained to an American - was it in one of the Bill Bryson books? Any Bill Bryson fans around?
                        Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X