Brag of a different kind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brag of a different kind

I would like to brag about.... our moderators!! Saturday morning I got on and was looking at the new posts. I got to the off topic posts and there was the strangest one there. It only took me a few minutes to realize that it was someone "spamming" the list. I looked to see who was online and saw that Kevin (Jediscroller) was so I sent him a private message that there was an odd post in the off topic section. By the time I had sent that message, the post was gone. It got me to thinking.... in the time that I have been lurking (quite some time before I joined!!!) and now this is the FIRST time that I have seen spam posted on the board. That fact speaks for itself, that our moderators do a tremendous job taking care of these boards!!!

I just wanted to say thank you to all of our great moderators!! Without you, these boards wouldn't be as fun!!

Cathy in NE
    Cathy in NE

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." - Anonymous

I have to agree with Cathy our moderators are the best keep up the great work all of you, you do make a difference
    Daryl S. Walters Psycotic scroller with a DeWalt 788

Comment

Your work is appreciated here too. It is a refreshing change to be on a group where you don't have to wade through loads of spam.

Just out of curiosity - a question for the moderators - is there much that you need to delete?

Ian
      Ian

Scrolling with a Dewalt 788

Comment

I usually end up deleting at least 3 a week...and I think that's an average for the mods...

We've also learned to recognize spammes before they get a chance to post...so we head them off at the gate so to speak.

Thanks for the Kudos, thought...it's sometimes a thankless job <GRIN>

Bob
        www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

3 a week?! Sometimes it feels like I'm hitting 3 a session .

Seriously, thanks for showing us your appreciation. Quite a bit of work does take place behind the scenes and it's nice to be rewarded with an unsolicited pat on the back.

Gill
          There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
          (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

I was just talking about the ones that post before I can ban them...otherwise it's 10+ a day <GRIN>

Bob
            www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

I agree with you Cathy. they are the greatsed. makes a nice place to come , and a safe place. I thank you all as well. I sure wouldn't wont your job. Evie

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                by Linda In Phoenix
                Sawstop instructions are some of the best I've ever worked with. Each part comes labeled with a letter to match instructions, hardware in color coded and labeled to match labels and colors in instructions. Full poster size instructions with pics in addition to manual instructions. Could only find one...
                Today, 09:57 AM
              • Rolf
                Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                by Rolf
                So glad they were supportive, it is a bit disappointing that they had to be. But like any tool manufacturer they have to out source many of the components like the motor. At least the motor is mounted externally for an easy change. How true was the blade to the miter slots etc.
                I like the fact...
                Today, 08:34 AM
              • will8989
                Reply to Farmers market
                by will8989
                Steve posted it about 2 weeks ago. I just put out a small sampling of items to see what people are interested in. Seems to be everything! I did notice I had more credit charges than last year. But the ones who paid cash were the ones who paid $7 for a gallon of milk and $10 for a loaf of sourdough bread....
                Today, 08:17 AM
              • Sandy Oaks
                Reply to Farmers market
                by Sandy Oaks
                Way to go, Betty. Our farmers market does not allow craft sales.
                Today, 08:17 AM
              • Rolf
                Reply to Farmers market
                by Rolf
                Good for you! Who designed the small nativity?
                Today, 08:10 AM
              Working...
              X