New Issue Popup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Issue Popup

Can someone fix this, so when you click on the "No Thanks button" it disappears and doesn't come back?
    The good woodworker does not craft the wood for honor. He uses his craft to honor the wood.

They are not in the office today, should respond tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.
    "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
    Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Man, don't I agree with that!

-Bill
      -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Comment

Me too, it's driving me crazy.
        Mick
        I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. Winston Churchill

Comment

i thaught after seeing it once and say no thanks it would go away,but no,like the others its drivng me bonkers
          not doing much
          and busy doing it

having fun making sawdust.

http://www.customcutz4you.webs.com/

Comment

Driving me nuts too, but I'm already half way there!!!
            Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

It's set up on a cookie system. If your browser is set to allow cookies, the software will put a cookie on your computer and you'll only get that message once a month. If you block cookies, you'll get it every time you visit the site.

Unfortunately, this is one of those cases where the company has decided that since we provide a free forum and access to a great deal of free information, the users have to put up with a few ads and popups.

Best Regards,
              Bob Duncan
              Technical Editor
              www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Fair comment Bob, I'll keep my whining to myself -Lol
                Mick
                I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. Winston Churchill

Comment

I wasn't expecting to hear from the powers that be until Monday.
                  ... But I have a problem...
                  It pops up every time I log onto the home page. More than once a day...
                  I haven't made any cookie changes, so I don't see it being that...
                  If I click no thanks, it comes right back. I have to click X to get out from under it..
                  Weird...
                  Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
                  No task is too tedious for Art.
                  Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
                  Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

Hi Jim,

What browser and version are you using?

It sounds like you've got a corrupted cookie...those little files go rancid sometimes. If you go into your browser and "delete cookies," it should clear up the problem.

Unfortunately, that does mean that any site you've clicked "remember me" on will no longer remember you..
                    www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

I just went to the home page and something tried to pop up but it was blocked.

Bob
                      Delta P-20 & Q-3

I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

Comment

I have the same problem Jim has. Just keeps popping up. Whenever. Now that's annoying.
                        Betty

"Congress needs to realize it is a government of the people, by the people and for the people. Not of the people, by the people and for Congress." - Dr. Benjamin Carson, Pediatric Neurosurgeon, Johns Hopkins Hospital

Comment

Originally posted by BobD View Post
                          It's set up on a cookie system. If your browser is set to allow cookies, the software will put a cookie on your computer and you'll only get that message once a month. If you block cookies, you'll get it every time you visit the site.

Unfortunately, this is one of those cases where the company has decided that since we provide a free forum and access to a great deal of free information, the users have to put up with a few ads and popups.

Best Regards,
                          Bob Duncan
                          Technical Editor
                          I use two separate PC's a Macbook Pro, an android pad, and an android smartphone to access the site. I find it hard to believe that all those cookies are screwed. Also - I only block third party cookies.

I think there is more to it than the cookies.
                          The good woodworker does not craft the wood for honor. He uses his craft to honor the wood.

Comment

This is intresting, I don't get the popup! I'm feeling left out!
                            Dan in So.Ca.

Comment

Originally posted by dgman View Post
                              This is intresting, I don't get the popup! I'm feeling left out!
                              Me neither - I've never seen it. I feel left out too - but I'll get by.

Using the Firefox 13.0
                              Last edited by Mayo Farmer; 06-15-2012, 02:48 AM. Reason: Added Browser detail
                              Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X