The Tease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tease

So not only do we as foreigners have to endure the snail mail delivery of the magazine we so love we have to be teased with a miniature picture of it on the free trial section.

OK I will pout and cry myself to sleep now
    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ
    "proud member of the best scroll sawing forum on the net."
    Ryobi SC180VS scroll saw EX21

If it makes you feel any better, I have 11 copies of that issue sitting right here! Dale
    Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

If it makes you feel any better...

I haven't recieved my magazine eather....

Trout
      Hawk G-4 Jetcraft
      Fish are food, not friends!

Comment

It's not just you folks in other countries, Carl.
        I live in California and I don't have mine yet,either. Nor the pattern collection for re-upping,
        Then again, sone folks think California is another country!
        We can pout together, but, honestly, it doesn't seem to be making me feel all that much better. And then those neat Kathy Wise ornaments - Waahh!!
        Maybe one of them will come tomorrow! (Mags, not ornaments!)
        Sandy

Comment

Still looking for mine in Oregon, but every thing goes slow here from out of state (except California drivers) to admire the scenery, Right Neal?

Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
          Jean De La Bruyere...

l
          Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

I got my issue a few days ago. The unemployement rate in michigan is the highest in the country, so the mail man works extra hard to make sure he doesn't join the list.
            Jeff Powell

Comment

I'm not saying that mine take a long time to arrive, but the mail man said the last issue had probably been delayed by the North Atlantic convoy having to divert to avoid U-boats.

Gill
              There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
              (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Usps

I sent Chuck's book out on October 2nd and he just recently received it. Evie received her's in only three or four days!!! I don't understand the difference. I received my issue of SSW&C rather early in the month (Betty nor I have been able to find the fox) and I see that others are still waiting for theirs. I also renewed my subscription last month and only received the special pattern issue yesterday. All I know for sure is that if a parcel is mailed USPS Ground it's out of the senders control once it's loaded on the horse!!!.....I also wonder how USPS Ground applies to shipments across the pond....are they waiting for the bridge to be completed???
                If it don't fit, don't force it....get a bigger hammer!!

Comment

Gosh I feel bad for you Carl- I got my Holiday issue before I got my Fall issue - and I still haven't recieved my free patterns,BobD said they come from a different place ,so I will be patient for a wee tad longer-- by the way Carl I like your new picture with your Jonas Whale- but it doest look like the Carl I know and love - you look young in the new pic. lol
                  But now I am anxious for the next issue to get here -it has some awsome patterns.
                  Just working on my Backpack Box I plan on giving my Grandaughter for Christmas-- I am making sawdust now -- lol
                  Sharon

Comment

Ahh Sharon thanks for the compliment.
                    That picture was taken on a good night in a dark dance hall.

They say everyone looks good, in a dance hall at 3 AM and who am I to argue?
                    Unfortunately the real good looking person in that pic was cropped off, but I will send you an email with the real deal.
                    CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ

Comment

Mine just showed up in the mail today. No sign of the pattern book for reupping back in August.....
                      ‎"Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They're easier to ignore before you see their faces. It's easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes."

D. Platt

Comment

Originally posted by Gill
                        I'm not saying that mine take a long time to arrive, but the mail man said the last issue had probably been delayed by the North Atlantic convoy having to divert to avoid U-boats.

Gill
                        That is hilarious!

I think the carrier pidgeon had a heart attack delivering mine

We are all anxious to see a new issue, I like the good fun we get to poke at the delivery but we soon forget everything once the magazine is in our hands.
                        CAЯL HIRD-RUTTEЯ

Comment

Has anyone in the UK received the latest issue yet?

Gill
                          There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
                          (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Gill,
                            I'm not in the UK, but I got mine last Saturday. It is a good one! I still claim that my mail carrier must read it first and then seal it back up! Must not have any interest in carving, though, 'cause I get that one about when it hits the news stands!
                            Sandy

Comment

I'm much further away than you Gill but I got mine about a week ago.
                              Cheers. Teresa .

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X