Article discussion thread:Stack-Cutting Compound Projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article discussion thread:Stack-Cutting Compound Projects

This is a dedicated thread for discussing article: stack-cutting-compound-projects
    Last edited by wood-n-things; 11-23-2013, 11:54 AM. Reason: Link has been updated.

Well I'll be dipped in liquid manure.............what a brilliant idea for compound cutting smaller projects. Thanks Jim Stiek.
    Last edited by Wood Dog; 12-16-2011, 09:14 AM.
    Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Are you kidding me? Who would have thunk it. Great tip, Thanks!
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Another one of those amazing OMG! discoveries that was right in front of our eyes this whole time. Thanks for sharing this tip...

Spence

Comment

Great tip. Thanks for passing it on. How come the obvious always alludes us.
          Mick
          I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. Winston Churchill

Comment

Alright thats what I wanted to hear! Thanks for the tip it well sure help next time I do deer. Lance

Comment

Thank you very much. The birds for the Birdhouses just got a whole lot easier.
              Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
              Jean De La Bruyere...

l
              Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

for the pattern, is it hand drawn or what? i would sure appreciate any patterns that are available for the small reindeer, or for that matter, any animal compound cut patterns for the small pieces of wood

Comment

Tim you can find the 3d reindeer pattern for free at this link, but adjust your cutting to the article on stack cutting here, instead of the video at the pattern site.
                  Woodworking plans
                  Last edited by Wood Dog; 12-19-2011, 06:35 PM.
                  Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

thanx for the quick reply, WD, and thanx for the info as well

Comment

For the reindeer practice on a few and when some one comes to your shop you impress the heck out of them when you grab a hunk of wood and zip out a deer with no pattern. FUN FUN PHUN
                      Chuck D

When a work lifts your spirits and inspires bold and noble thoughts in you, do not look for any other standard to judge by: the work is good, the product of a master craftsman.
                      Jean De La Bruyere...

l
                      Hegner 18, Delta p-20, Griz 14 inch Band saw

Comment

Where can I get another copy of the exact pattern used in the photo?
                        It is from the "Scroll SawHoliday 2001 issue #5, Page(s):65-73" I lost mine during one of my many moves in the Army.
                        Thanks, Jon

Comment

Jon you can get a free pattern here, pattern for band saw.

Cutting a 3-D reindeer on the bandsaw

and pattern for scroll saw.

http://woodgears.ca/reindeer/scrollsaw.html
                          Last edited by Wood Dog; 11-22-2013, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X