• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP we have spam with breakfast

Looks like some spam ID got through you firewall. The user in question is:

onrichensprest
    Scott
    Creator of fine designer sawdust.

I like fried spam samiches for breakfast!
    Don

Comment

I would like to make spam out of those spammers.........great job mods on catching them.
      Gloria ............... Two memorable things to say in life, "Hello" for the first time, and "Good-bye" for the last.

Comment

Thanks for pointing them out I/we do appreciate the help.

Last night at about 11 pm my time I was headed for bed and I stopped in one last time to check the board.

Much to my dismay I found 6 spammers had logged in several days ago and last night decided to attack. I had to remove over 400 posts from those 6. I finally logged off at around 1 am. They all had the same IP address. When i logged on this morning I had several (3) PMs pointing out I must have missed a couple. Actually they began posting after i went to bed I just now removed about 200 more posts from the same ip address as lastnight. So i think I'm caught up now. I appreciate it when you folks point them out. Please give me or one of the mods a link to the post to the exact spelling of the spammers ID/username. it makes it so much easier to find them that way.
        "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
        Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Mike
          I tried to save you a little work early this morning by forwarding one of the spammers to jim-mex, since it was late morning on his side of the world--but by the time he checked in, you were already dealing the hammer blows.

Thanks for the efforts you put into this board to keep it the place it is.
          Jim
          When looking at the clock at work--the correct time is:
          Too early to leave, too late to call in.

Comment

Jim,
            I really do need to get a life....LOL I found another 160 or so in the blogs I had to deal with too. In his (jim-mex) defense he also has a real job and trips to take and share a pictorial afternoon with us so he is forgiven...
            "Still Montana Mike"

Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

These guys are getting pretty sneaky. Some of these I dealt with last night and the others today have been members since the 25th. They do not post right away they just register then about a week or 2 later they come back and inundate the site with a bevy of posts and the spam protector software does not detect them.
              "Still Montana Mike"

Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I just don't get it. I hope no one falls for their tricks and tries to click on their links like the mentioned above. They say a sucker is born every minute but I really hope nobody here is getting tricked by them. I had a guy call me last summer and told me I won millions of dollars and two new cars. I told him where to go and that this was scam. He refused to give up. He even called me back and was mad that I hung up on him! He very much wanted me to send him a check via Western Union so I could collect my money. Needless to say, he did not get his money and I did not get my millions.
                Keith

Comment

Simple solution? Ban the IP.

DW
                  Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
                  John Wayne

Comment

Please note to all.....SOMEHOW someone got into my contact list and it appears they are sending a LOT of e-mails in MY name.all are some kinda advertisements ..this has been ongoing for about 3 months and i have even changed my password 2 times...Norton gives everything a clean bill of health called my provider (att) and they gave suggestions ......please excuse if this problem occurs on this site...
                    Mr. ed

Comment

Mr.Ed, is your email one of the publicly available ones like GMail,Hotmail, Ymail or something like that. If so it is not your system that is compromised but theirs.

DW
                      Life is hard. It is even harder when you are being stupid.
                      John Wayne

Comment

......D W i have Yahoo mail thru att............seems as though there is NO ONE else with this problem.....at least not reported........guess i'm the only LUCKY one out of the millions of yahooer's.

Comment

Thank you, Mike, for all the time you spent deleting spammers over the weekend. I really appreciate it.

I'm still working on getting the admin ability to ban by IP address. I've asked again for the ability, so hopefully I'll get it soon.

Bob
                          www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Linda In Phoenix
                            Reply to Shrink wrap systems
                            by Linda In Phoenix
                            What thickness of film seems to work the best for puzzles?
                            The bags seem easier on the surface.
                            But the film seems like it is more versatile on size variations.
                            Today, 03:24 PM
                          • will8989
                            Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                            by will8989
                            Regulations are 150 square feet, this will be 144 square feet so we are good. He’s making it that size Since the sheets are 4’ wide. And the Shelves need to be 4” above my head!! It will be very specific.
                            Today, 10:32 AM
                          • Sandy Oaks
                            by Sandy Oaks
                            As a framer, we have a shrinker wrapper at ArtCrafters. Very simple. Film on a roller, sealer attached, just roll off enough film, seal the film, insert object, seal other end and shrink with a heat gum. We also use Uline as a source. Not sure where our unit can from as it was with the shop when...
                            Today, 09:46 AM
                          • NC Scroller
                            Reply to Bruce, the one on probation
                            by NC Scroller
                            I would make the shed 1" less than the size permits are required for. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH SPACE....
                            Today, 07:42 AM
                          • NC Scroller
                            by NC Scroller
                            I shrink wrap all my puzzles. It is the best method I have found. I do not use a cardboard backer as some do. I use shrink wrap bags that I get from Amazon or Ebay. 8" x 12" will fit 95% of the puzzles I make.

To use the bags you will need a sealer. I have one very similar...
                            Today, 07:39 AM
                          Working...
                          X