Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wood-n-things
    replied
    This information is from how many issues? Quite informative...

Leave a comment:

• MikeDingas
    started a topic SWWC by the Numbers

SWWC by the Numbers

I know SWWC publishes an article index. But I wanted something more readily available to organize my magazines. So, I undertook to catalog the issues I have at hand.

I used a spreadsheet program because of the way I can filter the catalog. All I had to do was decide how to categorize the many articles and projects. I was also curious as to how many articles and projects I have at my disposal. I'm sharing this at the end of my post.

I plan on eventually posting the spreadsheet on my website as a freebee. I'll likely post a PDF version also but it, of course, will not be quite as usefull. A free spreadsheet viewer is available from Microsoft. I'll make that link available when I post the spreadsheet.

Once I got all the titles entered, being an engineer by trade, I couldn't stop there. I assigned a distinct project Design Type and a Technique. You'll see these at the end of my post. Just how many box projects were there? Or puzzles? I had to find out!!

Caveate: The cataloging is sometimes subjective. Some projects can be completed as fretwork or segmentation or intarsia. I had to choose one. Whether I assigned a project to fretwork or scrolling depends upon where the majority of the work lay. If an author takes exception to the assignment, let me know and I'll make a correction.

I began subscribing with the Fall 2006 issue. I'm missing Summer 2007 but I'll find it eventually.

Results (the n/a style is articles like personal profiles, techniques, etc.):

Design Type
    Article 52
    Basket 3
    Boxes 21
    Clock 22
    Crosses 8
    Decorations 20
    Fantasy 2
    Floral 8
    Frames 15
    Functional 56
    Jewelry 7