Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimSawyer
    replied
    I think it's a quality vs. quantity thing.
    The quality, IMHO, of SSW&C beats the other one hands down. I've looked at the other one, and they just throw out patterns. Here there is how to articles. I prefer learning new techniques over trying to figure them out.

Leave a comment:

• 2fretknot
    replied
    Seems to me 6 issues shouldn't be any problem. The "other" Mag seems to be doing OK publishing more than 4. Plus we've asked about increasing the # of issues other times. If you "can't increase the # of issues then increase the # of projects per issue. Can't understand why you never seem to have a project start before page 30. In this case more is better. The more issues you publish, the more chances of catching the interest of a new subscriber and keeping the ones you have. It's a bummer when one gets a issue that really doesn't "turn my scroller on" since it's a long time before the next issue arrives. Thankfully that doesn't happen often. Vic

Leave a comment:

• JimSawyer
    replied
    Considering that was your first post, I'm going guess that this is spam.

Moderators feel free to delete my post if I'm right...lol

I love every issue I have gotten, and have no problem with an occasional pop-up...

Jim,
    Dave is entitled to his opinion too so long as it is not inflammatory.
    <smile>
    Last edited by wood-n-things; 09-30-2011, 03:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dave scrollsaw
    replied
    I will be canceling my membership if I start getting pop ups
    it's not worth it

Leave a comment:

• Jan
    replied
    One pop-up a month is downright tolerable. I'd love to get 6 issues a year. Are those pop-ups going to appear on any other websites?

Jan

Leave a comment:

• ubgoofy2003
    replied
    I don't think Fox is asking for your permission !!!! DUH ! I think it's real nice that they have something in mind, that will work with us as well as the new comers. Good Luck Shannon & everyone with Fox.

Leave a comment:

• DaveP
    replied
    I recon it would tempt me into subscribing

Leave a comment:

• Greenfield_Bob
    replied
    I'm OK with it!

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Lou
    replied
    A pop-up every 30 days I can live with. Just, please, don't ever have it happening every time I visit!

Lou

Leave a comment:

• Wood Dog
    replied
    Would the potential issue additions be digital????????????
    Will we be able to smack those pop ups with our mice? Just like the pop up game at the beach? Now that would be sweeeeeeeet...............

Leave a comment:

• JimSawyer
    replied
    6 issues would be nice, but I wouldn't want to overwork the good people at Fox Chapel...
    They do put out the best publications.....
    I wait eagerly for each edition. If there were more, that would be awesome. But, if it were to hurt our benefactors, that wouldn't be cool....

SSW&C forever...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Shannon
    replied
    Just to clarify.... we need to get subscriber numbers to a certain level before we can entertain increasing the frequency to 6 issues per year.

We're undertaking some new marketing initiatives to boost subscriptions... and if all is successful, we can look at moving to more issues in the future.

We are NOT saying that because you put up with a pop-up on the website, we can guarantee 6 issues a year...

Leave a comment:

• sawdustus
    replied
    I would definitely put up with a pop-up if it meant 6 issues a year!

george

Leave a comment:

• JimSawyer
    replied
    Hey, I'd even consider letting you put a pop-up on My site if it helps boost it up to 6 issues...lol

Leave a comment:

• stephenD
    replied
    I can certainly put up with a pop up if it means more issues of the mag. Yes I can. That is some hope and change I can really get into.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• meflick
    Reply to Phone call from son.
    by meflick
    Glad to hear your son is fine Betty but what a scary thing.
    Today, 01:10 PM
  • meflick
    Reply to Hello from Central Florida
    by meflick
    Welcome to the forum from another Tennessean....
    Today, 01:04 PM
  • John Smith
    by John Smith
    Thanks guys, I have a lot of HDU left over from my sign business in various thicknesses.
    HDU doesn't "fuse" or repair itself under heat or friction. Only acrylics and some PVC materials do that. Depending on what part of the world you are in, you would have to google HDU Distributors...
    Today, 10:01 AM
  • Jim McDonald
    Reply to Phone call from son.
    by Jim McDonald
    My kids always call me since I am the one who probably did the stuff they are calling about.

I know it's scary to get that call, but I'm glad to hear the charge exited where it did before it went any further.

Probably hurts like hell and he has a copper taste in his mouth...
    Today, 09:52 AM
  • Sandy Oaks
    by Sandy Oaks
    Welcome to the forum from TN. As a Pegas Distributor, Pegas has the Super Skip blades which works perfectly with acrylics at a reduced speed.
    Today, 09:40 AM
Working...
X