Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quilt Auction

Hi Gang,
    The quilts auction has started. This link will take you to all of the quilts, and you can click to see any or all.

foxchapelwood | eBay

Best Regards,
    Bob Duncan
    Technical Editor
    www.GrobetUSA.com

They look great, Bob. I see that one already has a bid on it. It will be interesting to see the "auction action".
    Carole

Follow me on my blog: www.scrollsawbowls.blogspot.com

Comment

All 3 have bids and one has 2 bids. I hope you will have someone on staff contact some folks and get some notoriety about the auctions.

Hey members like these auctions on facebook, share links to them lets get these bids up there.
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

We've got our PR person flexing her muscles and a e-mail blast was supposed to be sent out. With the flooding here in central PA, all the roads between my house and the office are closed, so I'm working from home.
        www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Well number one priority is for you and your family to remain safe. I'm going to tweety and FB until I'm blue in the face....LOL
          "Still Montana Mike"

Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

I'm getting a little push-back from a few places about the fact that this auction will be benefiting Japan relief efforts. I'm going to copy and paste my reply to this push-back here.

We started the project in March. We received quite a bit of support from the international members of the message boards, and it wouldn't be fair to those members to change the recipients at this point. This is actually the third project like this that Fox Chapel Publishing has done. In 2005, the Woodcarving Illustrated message board auctioned off two friendship canes to benefit relief efforts for Hurricane Katrina. In 2006 the Scroll Saw Woodworking & Crafts board auctioned off a quilt to benefit Shriner's hospitals and the Woodcarving Illustrated board auctioned off a friendship cane to benefit the Association for the Blind.
            www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Thanks Mike,
              Luckily, we only got a bit of water in the basement (literally less than 1/2" in one slightly lower corner. If I hadn't broken my mob, the dehumidifier would have removed it by now. Wednesday was a bit scary, though; the stream in my back yard was up over it's banks and about 15-feet up into my yard.

I guess that weekend I spent waterproofing the basement walls was well spent!

Bob
              www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Way to push back, Bob!

It should remain a benefit to the Japanese cause, IMO, as that's what the contributors intended it as.....not to mention so many squares, my own included, contain Japanese themes and elements.

Thanks for getting it up on EBay......I wish the auction well!

I'll post a link to the auctions on the other message boards, etc I participate with. I'll also post it up at my place of work.
                Last edited by Scrolling Days; 09-09-2011, 11:45 AM.
                Shawn Ferguson

Come visit at The Ferguson Puzzle Company !

Comment

Wow.....the bidding is getting hot and heavy already. The 3 quilts are already up to almost $500 total! Way to go, everyone!

Shawn Ferguson

Come visit at The Ferguson Puzzle Company !

Comment

I've been posting on twitter and facebook and sent out e-mails asking friends to do the same...
                    "Still Montana Mike"

Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

What happens with the squares that were not used? Or did they all fit?

Comment

The quilts look awesome. I hope we get a ton for them. I don't have facebook and I don't know what a twitter is, but I probably do what Mike is doin'. Keep it up, Mike!

Bob- I'm glad to hear you came out OK with the storms.

-Bill
                        -Bill

My saw is a DeWalt788 Measure twice; cut once; count fingers after cut

Comment

We used all of the squares.

Bob
                          www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

I sent out a mailing to pretty much everyone in my address book with a link to the auction.
                            Thanks again..EVERYONE.....
                            Jim

The limits of the imagination are imaginary.
                            No task is too tedious for Art.
                            Rock and Scroll

My Gallery

My Website
                            Featherwood Woodcrafts

Comment

There's a story about the quilt auction on the Love of Quilting website:
                              Unique Wooden Quilts to be Auctioned on Ebay for Japan Earthquake Relief | Fons & Porter Blog
                              www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X