Out of Print Pattern Inserts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of Print Pattern Inserts

What is the Fox Chapel Publishing stand on pattern inserts for issues that are out of print?

I purchased a copy of issue 21 that is missing the patterns. I know the publisher does not have any available for purchase based on the response from customer service today when I ordered some other back issues.

So... Is it allowable for some kind hearted owner to mail me copies of the patterns if I can talk them into doing so? Is remuneration for time and postage type stuff allowed?

Would dearly like to get a set of those patterns.

Thanks

I have ordered individual patterns from Fox Chapel when the magazine has been unavailable. Did you try that route with them?

Jan

Comment

So... Is it allowable for some kind hearted owner to mail me copies of the patterns if I can talk them into doing so? Is remuneration for time and postage type stuff allowed?
      No they are still copyrighted. It would not be appropriate to send a copy of them to you.
      "Still Montana Mike"

"Don't worry about old age--it doesn't last that long."
      Mike's Wood-n-Things LLC

Comment

Kron -

Send me a private message with your full name and address and I'll see what I can do.

yes - it would be a violation of copyright for someone to share the patterns with you - but as the editor, I think I can get away with it.

Comment

There is another option besides what Shannon has offered. Per the US copyright laws "copyright protection is for a term ending 70 years after the death of the author."

There you have it. Be nice to Shannon or wait.
          Scott
          Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

Does copywrite come into play if the person has the original pattern insert which they do not need and sends that to the requester ?? Or sells them the used book with the pattern inclosed ?

Tom

Comment

Shannon and all...

Thanks for the responses. PM sent Shannon's way as requested.

Regards,
              Kron.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom J. View Post
                Does copywrite come into play if the person has the original pattern insert which they do not need and sends that to the requester ?? Or sells them the used book with the pattern inclosed ?

Tom
                I am not a lawyer but if you give way or sell the original book and insert to someone that is OK. You can't copy it and then give or sell the copy.
                Scott
                Creator of fine designer sawdust.

Comment

You might be able to get whole of the designer and see if you could get a copy of the pattern from them.
                  T
                  Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

It is perfectly acceptable to give away or sell the ORIGINAL pattern insert or magazine. You cannot distribute COPIES of the original.

Comment

I have to say, I am very impressed with the customer service and editorial group at Fox Chapel Publishing. Very nice folks.

Will definitely have to keep sending more of my discretionary funding their direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Shannon View Post
                        It is perfectly acceptable to give away or sell the ORIGINAL pattern insert or magazine. You cannot distribute COPIES of the original.
                        Thanks, Shannon. Bought a saw with baggage, including a lot of the original pattern inserts from older editions of magazines. Sort of thought it was like buying a used book, glad to see you confirm it.
                        Terry
                        Got Moose?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Rolf
                          Reply to I admit it... I splurged on a new "toy"
                          by Rolf
                          So glad they were supportive, it is a bit disappointing that they had to be. But like any tool manufacturer they have to out source many of the components like the motor. At least the motor is mounted externally for an easy change. How true was the blade to the miter slots etc.
                          I like the fact...
                          Today, 08:34 AM
                        • will8989
                          Reply to Farmers market
                          by will8989
                          Steve posted it about 2 weeks ago. I just put out a small sampling of items to see what people are interested in. Seems to be everything! I did notice I had more credit charges than last year. But the ones who paid cash were the ones who paid $7 for a gallon of milk and $10 for a loaf of sourdough bread....
                          Today, 08:17 AM
                        • Sandy Oaks
                          Reply to Farmers market
                          by Sandy Oaks
                          Way to go, Betty. Our farmers market does not allow craft sales.
                          Today, 08:17 AM
                        • Rolf
                          Reply to Farmers market
                          by Rolf
                          Good for you! Who designed the small nativity?
                          Today, 08:10 AM
                        • NC Scroller
                          Reply to Supermax
                          by NC Scroller
                          Two great customer service stories on this forum in a week. There is hope. Even in 2020.
                          Today, 08:00 AM
                        Working...
                        X