Its that time of year.....almost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its that time of year.....almost

I know this may be a tad early Bob but,when can we expect to see the Holiday Issue on the shelves? I am eager to see the new ornaments,they were great last year. I also was wondering if there is going to be an ornament exchange this year?
    Bill
    Delta P-20

If someone will take on the task of organizing the exchange, I'd love to do it again...I promise to send out the ornaments this year!!! I just don't have time to organize it...

That said, we're putting the finishing touches on the Holiday issue now, and it should be out the end of the month (and on newstands in Mid Oct. in the states).

Bob
    www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Bob
      Originally posted by BobD
      we're putting the finishing touches on the Holiday issue now, and it should be out the end of the month (and on newstands in Mid Oct. in the states).

Bob
      Does that mean us Foreigners won't get ours till mid Dec.
      Marsha

What's involved with organizing the ornament exchange, I might be up for it.
      Let me know
      Marsha
      LIFE'S SHORT, USE IT WELL

Comment

With a 6 week delivery timetable, I should be getting all these Christmas projects in early January.

Gill
        There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.
        (Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Comment

Hmm being new at the swap thing. and the patterns dont come to UK, and Canada, till late. woops. sorry Ausies. what if, we creat are own patterns. surly. we have some thoughts on it from all we have done. and start a swap. No one has to be the organizer. we could . Im- each other. to set up the swap. just traiding ornements. we could use things we have seen, or what ever. I; know for me. I have tons of patterns i could do. i do have a idea
          how about something along the lines of are tiles. not the whole tile but something, along the same lines. like Barrys state. or are own. with a xmas flair. or a tree in are state. or you know something along that line. just guessing. I know for me. I would love a ornement of all my friends states, country. or trees, or even the states or countrys wood. just throwing this out there. what do you thingk. Evie

Comment

Or here is another idea. hmmmmmmmm. how about , if we send some one. it could be a draw, at who you would send it to. and send a piece of wood, from are state or country. to someone. and tell them to cut some thing about us , that they would see about us in there mind. and then send it back. would that be to exspencive? holy cow . would that take some trust or what. anyway, like I could talk to Gill, or Barry, or who ever. and email them to make the orangments. then send a small piece of wood. then trust them to cut something, and send it back. then we could take pictuers. and post them. or find someone who could. we could only do this one on one. or just have one person to send it too. or even not the one. sending the wood. but someone else. telling something about the other with a piece of wood from the other person. stating this wood is from so an so. and making it for you.that could be deside, in the draw. mmmmmmm more ideas. here. post yours. Evie of cours i could be just nuts. and don't know what the hay i am talking about HO HO>

Comment

I enjoyed the ornament swap very much last year. Where is PiAlAModem , he did an excellant job of getting it organized, and without a ton of rules and guidelines. I really do not have the time to organize it either, but would love to do it again. Maybe this year, I would end up with one those awesome 3D ornaments I seen hanging in an Evie photo months ago. Dale
              Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

HO HO Dale. I would love to send you one of those ornements. maybe we could im some of the folks here. and just see if they would like to trade some ornenemets with each other. I don't know how you guys did it last year, but willing to learn. you are on my list. I made 60 differant ornements last year. and only stacked them 2 high, dum me. I could do better this year, and do my stacking differant. and shar with my friends hear too. question. how did you mail them off. did you put them inbetween cardbord? or in a box? Evie

Comment

Bob D.,

Will the holiday issue be my free one? I submitted a request for a free issue several weeks ago and am still waiting. Is this a monthly or bi monthly magazine? I have never seen an issue. They are not in the stores I frequent.
                  Mike

Making sawdust with a Dremel 1680.
                  www.picturetrail.com/naturephotos

Comment

What we did last year -
                    Anyone who wanted to participate emailed their mailing address to one person. That person then emailed all the addresses to the group. We made an ornament for each person, and mailed it to them.
                    Simple and easy....
                    Theresa E
                    Theresa

http://WoodNGoods.weebly.com

http://woodngoods.blogspot.com

Comment

Mike,
                      PM me your contact info and I'll check for you...

We are a quarterly magazine...

Bob
                      www.GrobetUSA.com

Comment

Ornament Swap

It sounds pretty simple to me, so if there's no one else who wants to do it,
                        I'll put a post in the General Scroll Saw Forum with my email address.

Moderators
                        Is there someway you can make the post stay at the top of the page so no one misses it?
                        I'm thinking maybe Oct. 25th to be the cut off to collect names and addresses.

Marsha
                        LIFE'S SHORT, USE IT WELL

Comment

Oh Marsha, if you would take charge of that stuff, it would be so awesome.Thank you! Evie, we shipped them a variety of ways. Some were shipped tween cardboard, some between scrap pieces of plywood or whatever, some in padded envelopes. Whatever suits ya pretty much.I enjoyed it very much, and will gladly do it again, as long as I dont have to do more then about 10 or 12 mailings. After a list forms, then the rest of the details could be worked out too. Dale
                          Dale w/ yella saws

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X